Is there really any reason to keep 4 stars

Options
slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,045 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I mean the only way your going to get covers is very lucky or pay 2500 per cover.

4 i have

X force (what i can see keeping since you get covers in the daily
Elektra what i never seen a use for (2 blacks thats it)
Star lord (i know what a joke)
I.woman

do many keep that many 4 stars around besides the major powerhouses

Comments

• I dig my XForce and highly recommend keeping him. Electras red is pretty freaking cool. And Thor is just amazing. My 2¢.
  • You can still get them as part of token rewards, standard tokens, daily rewards, getting 1000 in PVP and randomly lucking into top 1 overall.

The people who currently don't have an Xforce or 4hor are, unfortunately, at a disadvantage right now.

Players like myself who were able to accrue 1300 point rewards back when Sentry was able to get to 1300 with relative dependability.

I got my Xforce to 5/5/3 simply by getting to 1300 with Sentry.

That said, my brother got to about 10 covers without ever getting the top progression reward for Xforce. Now he uses Xforce to get up to 1000 when he needs the cover.

There are other methods to getting to 1000.

If you have the featured character at 166, you have a significant advantage over people who are using a loaner or underleveled character.

I've seen combinations of 3* Thor, Hood, Loki, Black Panther, Daken, Patch, Hulk and a level 249 featured character get to 1000 before, although it is uncommon.
  • There's not much reason to keep 4* that aren't Thor or X Force but unless you're super hurting for roster slots, I don't see why you'd want to sell a 4* cover for just 1000 iso. There's a lot of useless characters in this game but 4*s at least start off on a higher base level. Surely there's some other useless 1/2/3* that you can get rid of before you've to get rid of even someone as weak as Invisible Woman.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is there any reason to keep X-Force?

6 months ago, the answer would be an overwelming no.
    Today, the answer is an overwelming yes.

You never know (well, maybe except for some devs) who will be balanced next, so the same question applies to every 4*, including poor Susan. Heck, it applies to every 3*/4*, if you have the roster to keep them all.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is there any reason to keep X-Force?

6 months ago, the answer would be an overwelming no.
    Today, the answer is an overwelming yes.

You never know (well, maybe except for some devs) who will be balanced next, so the same question applies to every 4*, including poor Susan. Heck, it applies to every 3*/4*, if you have the roster to keep them all.

Lol poor Susan. And are we really going to have to wait for Susan's husband to be released for her yo get her buff.

blueflag.png Force Bubbles (Passive)
    Susan Focuses her power to lock the enemy team down and Save the team.
    Create 1 force bubble in a random place every turn less than 3 exist on the board. Each Force Bubble has Protect strength of 7

Level 2 : Creates 1 Force Bubble every turn less than 4 exist on the board
    Level 3 : Creates 1 Force Bubble every turn less than 5 exist on the board
    Level 4 : Creates 1 Force Bubble every turn less than 7 exist on the board
    Level 5 : Creates 2 Force Bubbles every turn less than 8 exist on the board
    Max Level : each Force Bubble has a Protect strength of 48

This removes any reason for her too tank 13 Blue to get damage ( her biggest Problem) Giving her Bubbles Protect tile Properties removes the uselessness of her blue protect tile that would get blasted by her green power while keeping it's max Protect strength at 392 and only if 8 exist.

THIS VERSION OF SUSAN STORM IS PERFCET. NOT OVERPOWERED BUT USABLE.
  • Ask anyone who sold XF back when he was terrible if they should have kept their 4*s.

In terms of PvE cycles and boosted characters, no, not really any reason other than they are extremely hard to get. Never know who will be the next XF to be boosted to the top of the heap.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Create 1 force bubble in a random place every turn less than 3 exist on the board. Each Force Bubble has Protect strength of 7

This removes any reason for her too tank 13 Blue to get damage ( her biggest Problem) Giving her Bubbles Protect tile Properties removes the uselessness of her blue protect tile that would get blasted by her green power while keeping it's max Protect strength at 392 and only if 8 exist.

THIS QUOTE IS PERFCET.

icon_lol.gif
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Because they are so rare you have to keep them whenever you can get one imho. Can't just give up.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You never know when they decide to start featuring fourstar characters in PvE. The pool is large enough to pull it off now, I think.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    You never know when they decide to start featuring fourstar characters in PvE. The pool is large enough to pull it off now, I think.

I doubt we will ever see 4* characters with buffs. Other than the Essential 4*s that follow release events, in which case the buff doesn't even bring them to 270 typically. I honestly do not want to play in an event where XF is 300 or 360. It would screw with your scaling SO bad and after the event it might never recover.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

I doubt we will ever see 4* characters with buffs. Other than the Essential 4*s that follow release events, in which case the buff doesn't even bring them to 270 typically. I honestly do not want to play in an event where XF is 300 or 360. It would screw with your scaling SO bad and after the event it might never recover.

*cough* Earth's Mightiest *cough*

*cough* level 405 4* thor *cough*

*cough* 20k+ hit points *cough*

Damn, it's getting cold in here...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    I mean the only way your going to get covers is very lucky or pay 2500 per cover.
    Playing PvP and seeing nothing but GT/XF, tells me there must be a third way...
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    I've got a system that allows me to get 1st in any pvp event I want.
    Just enter pvp events that don't interest you. Win one or two battles, then lose a bunch. When the 1st place prize is one you want, go for it. You're bracket will be a cake walk.
  • konannfriends
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:

THIS QUOTE IS PERFCET.

icon_lol.gif

Glad someone agrees I guess I should put this in the suggestion box
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:

THIS QUOTE IS PERFCET.

icon_lol.gif

I don't know if he agreed it not as much as having fun with the ironically misspelled "perfcet".
  • konannfriends
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

THIS QUOTE IS PERFCET.

icon_lol.gif

I don't know if he agreed it not as much as having fun with the ironically misspelled "perfcet".

Lol spellchecks a ****. Aww so my ideals bad? icon_e_sad.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Because they are so rare you have to keep them whenever you can get one imho. Can't just give up.

This. Think to the future. If you plan to never pay and plan to not play more than a year, then there is no reason.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 4* are:
    icon_nickfury.png 0/3/1 level 86
    icon_thor.png 3/0/0 level 86
    icon_starlord.png 2/0/0 level 86
    icon_wolverine.png 1/1/0 level 74

I got my thor covers from the event she was released, and from tokens. X-force was a token when I first started, and now I hit my first daily progression cover for him. Nick Fury was my first 4* when I first started, and all from token pulls. Starlord, I was about to sell him to make room for Spidey or BP when I pulled a cover for him from a token, so now he's staying.

The rarity of them warrants keeping them to me, especially if I have at least 2 covers for them, and like was mentioned before, by the time I have enough to be useful, who knows what changes will have been made to them. Remember the 4 stars indicates rarity, not necessarily how good the character is.
  • slidecage wrote:

4 i have

X force (what i can see keeping since you get covers in the daily
    Elektra what i never seen a use for (2 blacks thats it)
    Star lord (i know what a joke)
    I.woman

do many keep that many 4 stars around besides the major powerhouses

Is thisa serious thread
  • at first i felt the same way and ended up selling off my first xforce black cover i got from a pack for room for other characters and have sold off my IW.. The problem is that newer players see this level 70 who really doesn't do a whole lot of damage and doesn't have out of this world stats but they are getting characters like Thor, Wolverine, Ares who are mega powerful characters and just don't have room to keep those 4 star characters because we don't see the payoff. I would bet that most players don't pay for packs because to them the payoff isn't worth it, so they are left with this semi useless character who they never see in the PVE and rarely see in PVP because if they get 350 in an event they are happy as can be. Then you get to where i am now where every 20-25 days played you are getting a cover and a lot of them are for XFW so he gets good REALLY fast.

i just wish their rarity equaled how good the character is.