Indicators For Hidden Tiles

Skygazing
Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
Would it be at all possible to add some sort of indicator (perhaps on the relevant description) for skills that create hidden tiles that notifies whether any of the tiles produced are on the board? The main issue I have right now is that when facing down multiple Kishus there's no way to tell which one is actually laying Caltrops. It'd be nice to know which one should be targeted to eliminate them.

Comments

• san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    This is actually a pretty good idea.

At the same time, I kill Kishus first for that reason, so they generally don't have a chance to lay the tiles anyways
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would also be helpful for Elektra, to keep track of whether there are any Shadow Step tiles remaining on the board.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the whole point of hidden tiles is that you're not supposed to see them when they belong to the other team.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The way I'm reading this, it wouldn't show you where the tiles are, just whether a selected character owns any active traps. This is information you can usually figure out on your own (by counting the number placed and then keeping track of every time the game notifies you that one was disarmed or destroyed) but is a hassle, and it's also impossible to see which Hand ninja placed the Caltrops you want to get rid of.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    The way I'm reading this, it wouldn't show you where the tiles are, just whether a selected character owns any active traps. This is information you can usually figure out on your own (by counting the number placed and then keeping track of every time the game notifies you that one was disarmed or destroyed) but is a hassle, and it's also impossible to see which Hand ninja placed the Caltrops you want to get rid of.
    I still think it works counter to what the design of hidden tiles should be. How would you know how many more times Elektra can avoid death? Or where caltrops stealthily laid by a ninja are or which ninja laid them?
  • On first glance it doesn't make sense story wise that the traps just disappear when when the ninja is killed, not does it make much sense that everyone on the team is hit. I tend to see caltrops as an attack of opportunity, eg if you step on caltrops, it leaves your team vulnerable for a quick ninja attack.

I agree it would be nice to know who threw the caltrops, maybe surround the enemy with a yellow glow as he's using an ability..., but at the same time ninja are sneaky like that.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the whole point of hidden tiles is that you're not supposed to see them when they belong to the other team.

The way I read it, he doesn't want to see the tiles themselves but for there to be some indication of the owner of the tile(s).