Konran Black Arts Power

Options
JVReal
JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
Should the Konran power "Black Arts" still be able to heal the Konran if there are no other friendly characters around him?

The text for a level 131 Konran Black Arts Power reads:
"The Konran grabs a nearby ally and drains life from them, reinvigorating himself. Restores 3375 points of health to the Konran and deals 1519 damage to a random ally"

My strategy was originally to kill him first to stop his Meteor Hammer, and to stop him from healing himself... then I read the description and thought, well if I kill off the other guys first, and leave him for last, when his Black Arts goes off, he won't have anyone to suck health from... but when it went off, he still healed. Is this a glitch or is this intentional? Without a friendly ally to suck health from is he only healing for 3375 - 1519 = 1856? I didn't count to see how much he actually healed, but I don't think it should be for the entire amount if there are no allies to suck health from.

Comments

• JVReal
    Options
    Customer Service response to the bug question:
    Hello D3P Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3P Customer Support.

We appreciate your diligence in reporting this issue. However, this is an intended design feature of the game as the ability states, "Restores 3375 points of health to the Konran and deals 1519 damage to a random ally". Please note that the wording states that "restores" and "deals damage", meaning that this is not a direct siphon of health and a random ally is not required in order for the minion to heal.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3Publisher Customer Support Team (EDG)
  • JVReal
    Options
    Leave the Konran and let the power go off. He'll help you kill his minions while you farm AP!

Then nuke him as soon as the minions are down.

It's buggy, but the poor design cuts both ways.
    I've done that before, but I'm scared of his Meteor Hammer, that thing hurts!