New character cover availability

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
Last week Cyclops was presented as new character in a PvE event, then it has been possible to win covers from him as a progression reward and in a PvP event. But the problem was winning Cyclops red cover.

I was top 20 in the first PvE event, I reached the progression reward and I was top 25 in the PvP event, not bad some would say, and now my cyclops is 0/2/3, so I don't have any red cover (no alliance).

I think all will agree that this should not happen. When a new char is presented it should be more or less 'easy' to win one of each of the covers. I think the best solution would be to be able to win the top10 cover of the first PvE event as a progression reward in the next event, and then cycle through the covers in the first PvP event where the char is featured. Sometimes covers are awarded like this (Luke Cage was) but most of the time it is not (Gamora, Doc Oct, or Beast come to mind).

I love Cyclops and I have even considered putting some money into him to max him faster, but I am not going to do it right now without the red cover. And I am not going to spend a cent into tokens (I have a bigger chance of winning the lottery icon_razz.gif)

Don't you agree?

Comments

• loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't disagree with your statement, but it seems like first (in-game) world problems to me. Probably >85% of players have no Cyclops. So the fact that only the top alliance-backstabbers got a red doesn't seem so big of an impact. No one is going to get him fully covered for months, anyway (without paying).
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    For what it's worth, the alliance reward was black, not red. But it would be nice to have all 3 covers relatively obtainable by a majority of players with a half a decent roster.
  • this was brought up in another post. MPQ determines order by a Random number generator. it was not intentional.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Although having all three covers in a relatively short period of time is ideal, I argue that 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Enjoy the journey, not the destination.