getting iso?

Options
Hi All,

Now that I have completed all the prologue missions, and have been participating in as many tourneys as possible I am somewhat stuck without ISO.
I have grinded shield tourney as high as I can go without spending ISO to win (ie boosts) and I try to play in some of the lightning rounds / divine tourney right now but I am stuck trying to not spend ISO on winning.

I'm sitting on a 63 OBW and 61 2* Wolverine, with my other being whatever I deem good against my opponent. I have a few other 2*'s in the 50's, and some other random 3*s and 2*s in the 35-45 range.
I would like to know how others go about getting ISO to level the characters they already have once they are in this position?

Even if I were to finish some of these tournements in top 10 (which I have done) how in the world am I to then level up the characters I get?
As an example I have a 13/13 Ares but he's sitting at level 40 because I'm simply out of ISO. I would like to get OWB and Wolfie up to 85 too but again, no ISO.

I just dont have the time to grind out prologue missions netting 20 ISO a mission. Not worth it.
Any tips?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The greatest way to get ISO are in the special PVE events that go off periodically. Recently the Ares and back to back Hulk events. Also the lightning rounds are a good source of ISO if you play in a lot of them.

The only other option is to grind out SHIELD wins for 70/140 ISO. The big downside to that is it will boost your MMR and make other tournaments harder to win.

This game is a marathon. I've been playing since day one and only have 4-5 characters that are maxed out. The vast majority are level 40 and below. I spend a lot on boosts though.
  • Lightning rounds (enter asap and stomp the seed teams before people start actually competing). PvE events usually shower you with it, particularly if you do the repeats until you get all the 500s. Maybe skip the 240 missions. Tournament progression awards - they go up to 1000, eventually. Not boosting. You probably don't need to as much as you think, outside pushing to get off a rank plateau. Patience. Open your wallet (not that anyone really buys ISO, I don't think).

I leveled Ares to 85 off The Hunt, his own introductory tournament and LRs. For all users and devs frequently say they want to see more team variety, the game strongly encourages focus. A bunch of level 50 anythings isn't much use, for the most part. There isn't a vast difference between most characters at 77 and 85 besides the extra 15,000 ISO they've cost you, but you want at least 85 2*s for tournaments so you're no easier-looking a target than everyone else. Unless you're leaving Thor at 75 so Wolverine matches red, or something, anyway. Decide what you want at 85 or 141 first and try not to get distracted, though leveling something that's buffed for an event if you can is potentially worthwhile.