Training Mode

I am talking like the one in Street Fighter. You select your team, put boosts in if you want and select your opponents and levels.

And after the match you don't lose any health or any boosts, it was just for training. You could also let people play with characters they don't have fully covered yet. Maybe a training run will convince lil' Timmy to buy the last blue for his 4hor because he realized how awesome it is. But that's not necessary.

I ask for this because people are in the middle of hopping and there are little to no ways to test your team combinations. I am always thinking of ways to utilize my characters to take down Xforce + 4hor but I don't get the opportunity to actually test it out. Now even more so since shields are time restricted so you can't go out with an experimental team with boosts and get demolished if it doesnt work out. It's really hard to collect empirical data without having the ability to play against a certain team as many times as you want in a non-competitive environment.

It's probably a bit of work but it might be something to look into going forward in terms of how to expand the game.

Comments

• esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Great idea.

It would be nice if it had some puzzles too, that help new players ability advance, before it is fully unlocked/functional.

Sort of like a gauntlet style of chess like "mate in x" puzzles that would help players see board combinations. Then, the bonus for beating each puzzle, would unlock another feature. (No puzzles dependent on your roster, just on your play ability.)