Goons giving AP - Annoying

Options
LXSandman
LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Does anyone else think it's weird that Goons can give AP and yet never use it for their own abilities?

Specifically I'm talking about the last node in Hells Kitchen, but its equally true in any of them. This one is particularly annoying to me though since the Goon gives Red and Black, but never uses it for his own tiles. Instead Wolvie gets off a A.Slash every 6 turns guaranteed.

I understand it adds a certain difficulty to the game that this interaction happens, but I think it would be better if the goons had to use their own AP since they generate it separately.

LXSandman

Comments

• I would love to have a couple goons feeding my Fem Thor Red and Blue.... Devs make it happen!
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I love goons generating their own AP, especially when running Blade or OBW. Less work for me and more death to them.
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    I wish there was some giant banner that showed on every single turn, and took up the entire board, to show how much and which ap the goons were generating. Of course I would need that banner to sit on the screen for a couple of seconds at a time also.

Oh, and I agree that they shouldn't be able to do it, but I get why, the game has to have a certain challenge level to it.
  • Everything that kind of goes against your gameplan is annoying.

Goons having more than 1000 health : Annoying
    Turn to Smoke and Caltrops : Annoying
    Goon getting a cascade off of a cd tile going off : Annoying
    Goon placing a cd tile in the corner where you can't get it : Annoying

There you go, saved you like 4 more threads.
  • Baddkitty
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:

Goon placing a cd tile in the corner where you can't get it : Annoying

Ya..they get to put them in the corners...where as all ours get put on matches!! or if it's a board shatter (iron hammer) it's put in the corner to do as little dmg as possible. seriously?? 15 other tiles in the middle...and u put it on the edge every time? sighh.
  • If it were just one goon generating red AP it wouldn't be too bad but NO it has to be TWO goons giving out red for Wolvie's adamantium slash. They (devs) realize that's a extremely high damage attack right? Not the kind of thing that instills me with confidence.
  • revizion
    revizion Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Goons giving AP is annoying, sure. But they have to get it from somewhere, right?

TBH, what I find far more annoying is Caltrops. Not because of the damage. Not because of the amount of traps. But because I CAN'T SEE WHO PUT THEM DOWN. These are the only tiles in the game that I'm aware of that act like this. In every other example, the traps come from named powers that by rule can only be placed by one person on either team.

Can we get some indicator of which Kishu put them down so we know who to target?

Please?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is the best troll thread in ages - and we had some real humdingers last week!
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I posted this a while back but I would much prefer if Goons generated/used Team-Up AP. The AI will get off their first TU really quickly (they tend to do that anyway, usually get hit out of nowhere with a turn 6 Whales Whales Whales) but then it'll just be CD tile spam rather than an ability every turn.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Here's a fun trick for nodes with 2 goons plus one character: bring a stunner and stun the character on the turn when the AI will have enough AP for its ability. The AI will likely place a goon CD tile instead, giving you more time to down the character.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bignate02 wrote:
    If it were just one goon generating red AP it wouldn't be too bad but NO it has to be TWO goons giving out red for Wolvie's adamantium slash. They (devs) realize that's a extremely high damage attack right? Not the kind of thing that instills me with confidence.

Seeing that the event is created around 2star Wolverine, my guess is that it's working as intended. Gotta stun Wolvie, steal the AP or kill them quicker.