Copy account from Steam to Mobile

Options
Hi everyone!

Just got a new phone, and I was thinking about coming back to play, but I would only do it on my phone, I dont want to play sitting in front of steam anymore.

I don`t want a new account, since I have over 300 days and 16 or so maxxed 3 starts already. Support wrote back saying that there is no way to copy data, since they are3 on different servers.

I remember reading about rumors here however, that it is possible (pm-ing Ice maybe?). Could someone confirm this?

I really dont want to start a new account. Pretty please? icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As far as I know at the very beginning it was possible, but after some problems servers were separated. Maybe you remember some old topic...
    I guess the support team is not lying icon_e_wink.gif
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I will also dissapoint you, I have tried it twice (to convice D3 to remove account from steam to phone), but I have never succeed.
    They simply arent doing it.

But Im with you, I would love to see to meke this happened.

This should be the thing they should atleast think about it.
  • I remember back when I played Candy Crush Saga and the Pawn Stars games on my phone; they were able to save my progress through facebook so that I could play the same account from phone, kindle, and computer (though could effectively exploit getting 5 lives per device). Would love to see the same option with this- it kills my battery life on my phone, and I do like the layout of the steam version. While it's one way or the other though, I'll keep it to my phone.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Contact customer support. They can move your account from steam to mobile phone, but you cannot have the same account on both at the same time.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Options
    Contact customer support. They can move your account from steam to mobile phone, but you cannot have the same account on both at the same time.

Any idea what their policy is on merging an ancient Steam account that I lost a year ago with my existing Android account and/or deleting that Steam account and renaming my mobile one?
  • JamieMadrox
    Options
    Phillipes wrote:
    I will also dissapoint you, I have tried it twice (to convice D3 to remove account from steam to phone), but I have never succeed.
    They simply arent doing it.
    They can do it, but you have to create a throwaway account on the new device first. Then ask them to swap your steam and mobile accounts with each other.
    d0nk3y wrote:

Any idea what their policy is on merging an ancient Steam account that I lost a year ago with my existing Android account and/or deleting that Steam account and renaming my mobile one?
    From what I've been told the answer is almost universally no, but you can try.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Sorry, folks.

At this time, there is no transferring or copying of game accounts from mobile to PC or PC to mobile.
  • JamieMadrox
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Sorry, folks.

At this time, there is no transferring or copying of game accounts from mobile to PC or PC to mobile.
    MY BAD! I got confused by something else and gave wrong info.