Health pack timer changes

I think the game needs to have some changes made to the 36 minute recharge on health packs. Have they ever discussed why they chose 36 minutes?

2 options I would prefer over the current model:

1. New lower flat rate timer; 20, 25, or even 30 minutes per health pack.

2. Lower times but vary depending on how many health packs have been used.

Example for option 2-

When going from
0 to 1 -- 20 minutes
1 to 2 -- 24 minutes
2 to 3 -- 28 minutes
3 to 4 -- 32 minutes
4 to 5 -- 36 minutes

Not sure how they would handle the timer if it is already going and you use another pack but I'll let them figure that out.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you do the math at 36 minutes per health pack times 5 healthbpacks gives you 180 minutes or 3 hours. This is coincidentally the old refresh of pve nodes and a nice round number. You do your clear and for your next clear you get full health packs. Seems perfectly reasonable. Now that we have 8 hour refreshes the synergy isn't so nice but imagine the uproar if they tried to increase the amount of time health packs take to generate.

What would be d3's rationale for making this change? It seems to be a perfectly thought out resource. Changing it makes the game easier and potentially less balanced and d3 less money. A lose lose situation. Just learn to manage this resource better.
  • The refreshes only accounted for the PVE side. We always have PVP going on simultaneously and now we are going to add nine daily nodes. Not sure if they will actually cost any health packs if they are easy enough for back up characters to take the hits.

I have the problem of only having 1 decent PVP defensive team, my only 2 166's Thor/Hulk, and none of my 3 mostly covered characters have healing. When I get up to around 600 points and face off against other 166's damage is going to occur no matter what. I also want this change because I don't always have 3 times of the day I can play for 2-3 hours. If I only have 1 chance to play that day then I'm done as soon as im out of health even if I had more time to play.

Maybe I could be a better player but there is only so much you can control in the game. The larger issue with trouble getting covers for my other 3*s and ISO to level them contributes to the use of health packs.

I also thought about what consequences for this would mean to D3 and it probably is a losing situation. But they aren't getting any more of my money right now anyway.
  • ya but it generates good will and good will loosens wallets icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I share many of the thoughts here so I won't regurgitate them but maybe there is an easier way than attempting to find a perfect clock. Why not add to the maximum number of Heath packs you can hold based on a truly fair level? One that can be completely balanced in retrograde like "days played" would seem an easy choice. Certainly I would say it should cap at no more than 10 but something like this offers an advantage money can't buy and something to stay around for.