Get Off the Bench bonus

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
Some of us have rosters with 20+ characters, but maybe 10 of those characters haven't been used in awhile. Or 50+ characters, and 40 haven't been used in awhile.

Add a new ISO bonus for characters that haven't been used in awhile. After a week of being benched, the character will get slightly grayed out, and using them outside of the Prologue would earn +70 ISO per week of being benched, maybe maxing out after 10 weeks.

If i could earn 700 ISO apiece by getting various characters off the bench, like Invisible Woman, Psylocke, Punisher, Devil Dinosaur, IM40, She-Hulk, Doc Ock, Colossus, Hawkeye, Beast, Bullseye, Squirrelgirl, and Luke Cage, then I'd definitely use them more. At least once every ten weeks.

Comments

• rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    That is a fantastic idea! Should be relatively easy to implement as well. But there would need to be rules setup, otherwise it will become a minimalist and laborious task. Also, would it apply to pvp/pve/shield/prologue?

Get off the bench would need to be something a bit more demanding. Like win few matches, or play 3, etc.

ANyway, the idea is good.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I keep debating about posting my "sustainable PVP" post, this is one idea in it. I totally agree, why not give bonuses for using other characters in PVP at the very least? PVE would be nice as well, so those aren't 20iso nodes anymore.

One way would be if your roster is completely different than last roster run, or perhaps different than last five rosters run or something.

Having each character have a "cooldown countdown" would be awesome. There are 63 characters, just give them all a +1 to iso based on their usage. So if I threw up a Bagman/Yelena/Hawkeye team, I'd get +63/+62/+61 ISO, since I hadn't used them in so long: the next matchup I could run the same three for +0/+1/+2 (last used), or X-force/4hor/Loki for +3/+4/+5 (used previously), or Venom/Widow/Storm for +63/+62/+61 (if used the match before they would have been +58/+59/+60).

Heck, this might actually encourage people to not only keep all the 1* and 2*'s on their roster, but actually level them. I doubt that, but it would still be nice to be getting a +50 for using Starlord. It would promote diversity, it would marginally help iso issues. It would give opportunities for folks to use more characters and see what they do - I raise all my 3*'s to 127, it's fun to occasionally throw out a She-hulk/Daredevil/Mystique type team.