Captain Marvel and Deapool Best Away team?

Options
konannfriends
konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I PLAYED AROUND on My brothers Account and I was using Captain Marvel and deadpool. At this point I had already made it to 650 using other characters. But the last team I played was those 2. I come back after an hour and I won 112 points. So obviously these team is a struggle to fight. I'm guessing because you can't use powers on them or something.

I have a maxed deadpool on my account but I don't have Captain Marvel. Before I dump Money into her I want to know if the team works well. I only played them once. Would hulk be a viable replacement to deadpool he has that black power.

If someone has them maxed see how well they do against strong teams? I would use my brothers but he went back home and doesn't play often enough.

Comments

• What level where they and what type of rosters did those that you beat have?

I certainly wouldn't see them as too much of a threat with my Hulk/Patch matched team or even my LThor/non-maxed Hood team. If anything, they would just be an annoying team.
  • konannfriends
    Options
    altlover85 wrote:
    What level where they and what type of rosters did those that you beat have?

I certainly wouldn't see them as too much of a threat with my Hulk/Patch matched team or even my LThor/non-maxed Hood team. If anything, they would just be an annoying team.

At that point I kept seeing 270 xforce and the hood teams. Was also seeing a lot of blank panther and hood mostly 166 teams. I looked at the people who lost and I remember 1 guy had a maxed xforce. And a 189 lady Thor.

Just wondering my self. How does energy absorption work. When I used her the power went of once or twice but not much.
    So if I get smacked by xforce or hoods twin pistol do I get the ap for 5700÷698. Basically does the power only trigger once per power or as many Times as the damage equals 698( something around that)
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Exactly it is pretty annoying team. The power of it lies within Deadpools red ability, which if not anything else is quickly harming your high HP characters. For me deadpool is insta-skip, much more than xforce, because my builds do not focus on true healing and therefore it consumes my health packs rather quickly. Furthermore the rainbow of this combo leaves his pink ap stockpile, and you know what happens when teenage mutant ninja whale falls on your team... I would say, AI plays deadpool pretty well, making him fearsome defensive character.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have had lots of fun in Balance of Power leaving Deadpool, Hood and CStorm as my defense team. Lots of defensive wins with that one...
  • Deadpool and Hood is a much more annoying team as usually you would want to down them both as fast as possible. If you kill DP first you're going to be drained and if you target Hood you're going to be chopped.
    The DP and Captain Marvel team looks easier to beat: take care of DP quickly, then the featured character and finally Cap Marvel. By the time you reach her you should have your powers charged enough to dispatch her in a turn or two tops, minimizing the influence of her recharge ability.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OP, was this in the Magneto tournament? I can see some use in having Captain Marvel supercharge Polarizing forces....
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    altlover85 wrote:
    What level where they and what type of rosters did those that you beat have?

I don't think Hulk/Patch would work very well against Deadpool/Marvel, because even if you get Hulk's Anger to trigger, you are going to be triggering Marvel's passive a lot, which means Deadpool is going to be taking huge chunk's out of Hulk and Patch, and Marvel's Black as we know can be quite lethal. Not saying you aren't going to win, but that would essentially be a mirror match with both teams doing the same thing. The saving grace is Hulk's health.
  • I'd think the biggest problem with the Captain Marvel + Deadpool team would be the AI saving red AP for Photonic Blasts as opposed to Off The Top. As long as the attacker targets them correctly and doesn't use AOE, the biggest problem is Deadpool.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really enjoy playing Hood and Loki together, so I'll advocate for that team. They do really need to be paired with a powerhouse to work well though.

I'm using an underleveled team of CMags/Hood/Loki in this PvP and getting my fair share of defensive wins. It may lack the power of other defensive teams but it also baits weaker teams.
  • Trisul wrote:
    I really enjoy playing Hood and Loki together, so I'll advocate for that team. They do really need to be paired with a powerhouse to work well though.

I'm using an underleveled team of CMags/Hood/Loki in this PvP and getting my fair share of defensive wins. It may lack the power of other defensive teams but it also baits weaker teams.

I can only imagine the noobs attacking Hood/Loki teams not knowing what they are in store for LOL
  • konannfriends
    Options
    Switchman wrote:
    Trisul wrote:

I can only imagine the noobs attacking Hood/Loki teams not knowing what they are in store for LOL

I can only imagine. Any team with Loki or hood is an instaskip For me they are very frustrating to fight. Btw How is Doctordoom his Purple seems like instakill
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I have had lots of fun in Balance of Power leaving Deadpool, Hood and CStorm as my defense team. Lots of defensive wins with that one...

I did this a bunch two BOP's ago. All three normally carry the "kill first" tag, causing a dilemma. Blue, red, purple, and yellow all hurt bad. You don't want green going off either because it fuels the rest. Blacks the only weak ability. And all 3 passives are annoying.
  • Switchman wrote:
    Trisul wrote:

I can only imagine. Any team with Loki or hood is an instaskip For me they are very frustrating to fight. Btw How is Doctordoom his Purple seems like instakill

Doom is actually kind of slow. He pairs well now with Patch, especially if you have 5 green. the trick is to build up green and purple, then when the board is full of purple traps, let loose with Patches green then nuke the strongest enemy on the opposing team with doom's purple, fairly insta kill, but takes a while to build, and most likely your doom will be hurting.
  • At that point I kept seeing 270 xforce and the hood teams. Was also seeing a lot of blank panther and hood mostly 166 teams. I looked at the people who lost and I remember 1 guy had a maxed xforce. And a 189 lady Thor.

Just wondering my self. How does energy absorption work. When I used her the power went of once or twice but not much.
    So if I get smacked by xforce or hoods twin pistol do I get the ap for 5700÷698. Basically does the power only trigger once per power or as many Times as the damage equals 698( something around that)

It looks like you took down some pretty strong teams. Nice!

I'm pretty sure it triggers once per hit. I'd also be interested to know which tourney you were in. Was it the CMags one?
    daibar wrote:
    I'd think the biggest problem with the Captain Marvel + Deadpool team would be the AI saving red AP for Photonic Blasts as opposed to Off The Top. As long as the attacker targets them correctly and doesn't use AOE, the biggest problem is Deadpool.

Exactly. I'd also add that the colors overlap a bit, so you lose out on some flexibility. It really depends on who the third character is, though.
  • konannfriends
    Options
    It looks like you took down some pretty strong teams. Nice!

I'm pretty sure it triggers once per hit. I'd also be interested to know which tourney you were in. Was it the CMags one?

I really want to say it was Sentries PvP. But I can't remember exactly. I know it was right after Starlords
  • Are you comparing the sound of Chick Coreas "Light as a Feather" to Getz Captain Marvel?