Need Some Roster Help !

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I need some help here. Not sure if I'm posting to the right category so forgive me.

This is currently my roster and my team is IM40, OBW and M.Storm.

Basically IM40 isn't adding anything to my team and I wanna scrap him but idk for who. OBW and Storm have a good rainbow of ap and the only use I have for IM40 is his yellow power which I have no covers for. I was using him to tank but since Storm's and Widow's levels have passed him all the damage is going to them. I use IM red power once in a while for a quick kill since he does 1040.

So my question is, who would be a good fit in my team replacing IM40 ?

photo2_zpsefda08e8.jpg

photo3_zps02691efe.jpg

photo4_zps289923a3.jpg

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Looks like wolvie by a long shot
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The defacto 2* team right now is wolvie/thor/obw. Since your wolvie has 9 covers, work on him (since the others wont have enough levels to be useful. thor is considered more of a tanky type, wolvie works just fine) Also please go 4/5/4 on o. Widow. Espionage damage is extremely important with wolvie.
  • Wolverine huh ? Sounds like a plan but I was actually trying to go 5/5/3 with OBW, I guess I gotta change that.

I was also interested in a 3* team. I'm gonna make that switch as soon as I get enough covers.

Who do recommend I build around Doom and C.Magneto respectively ?

Btw thanks for the replies icon_e_smile.gif .
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    iiiamchris wrote:
    Wolverine huh ? Sounds like a plan but I was actually trying to go 5/5/3 with OBW, I guess I gotta change that.

I was also interested in a 3* team. I'm gonna make that switch as soon as I get enough covers.

3/5/5 is the best build for widow imo, but 4/5/4 works in a pinch. Im not sure if you realized this, but espionage counts for 2 attacks at levels 4/5, which means strike tiles proc twice on it. If your feral claws give +50 attack, it would give 50 attack to both widows first attack and then again to the espionage trigger (meaning double damage strike tiles!) purple is also good when kept at a lower ap cost since you can use it more often.

I wouldnt think about 3* covers for a while: the only way to earn them reliably is to place well in pve/pvp events, and you cant do that without a solid 2* team! (3 level 85 2* characters)
  • iiiamchris wrote:
    Wolverine huh ? Sounds like a plan but I was actually trying to go 5/5/3 with OBW, I guess I gotta change that.

I would discourage using Doom right now. It's 12 black to churn out 6 attack tiles. Personally I find it's better to use wolverine's strike tiles and m.storm's hailstorm. As long as you have one attack tile (doing one damage), that attack tile is doing 1 + strike tile every turn. There are changes planned for Wolverine, which probably has something to do with this.

At level 85 each strike tile on the board adds +89 damage to the attack. So if you have 32 attack tiles doing 7 damage each, that's 224 damage. If your wolverine has 5 red, and you use feral claws 3 times that's 6 strike tiles. Each attack does (attack) + 534. During your turn you match-3. lets say you do 75 damage, the strike tiles add +534 for a total of 609. After you match-3 your attack tiles, attack. (32 * 7) + (89 * 6). That's 758 damage. In one turn, where you would ordinarily deal 299 damage (75 + 224), you're dealing 299 + 1068.

Note, level 15 Thor Mjolnir's Might deals 224 damage. Level 85 it deals 1113 damage. Those strike tiles are powerful

At level 15, 2-star wolverine adds +18 damage for each strike tile. So if you have 6 out, that's an additional 108 to your match-3, and an additional 108 to the total hailstorm damage. Extra 216 damage.
  • I would also ask for some roster help !

I'm building my 2* team. I have Thor and Wolverine (xmen). Who would be the best fit :

CStorm (2y 1g) or Ares (1y 1r 1g) ?

One more question. Who would you sacrifice : Dr Doom (1black 1blue) or Magneto Classic (1blue) ? Need space can't keep them all...

Thanks
  • Keeping C.Magneto is the better choice.
  • 3/5/5 is the best build for widow imo, but 4/5/4 works in a pinch. Im not sure if you realized this, but espionage counts for 2 attacks at levels 4/5, which means strike tiles proc twice on it. If your feral claws give +50 attack, it would give 50 attack to both widows first attack and then again to the espionage trigger (meaning double damage strike tiles!) purple is also good when kept at a lower ap cost since you can use it more often.

I wouldnt think about 3* covers for a while: the only way to earn them reliably is to place well in pve/pvp events, and you cant do that without a solid 2* team! (3 level 85 2* characters)

I didn't know that about OBW Black powers with Wolvie combo. Do you think 4/5/4 for OBW is still viable or should rebuild ?

How should Wolvie go because I currently have him at 3/3/3.

So is OBW, Wolvie and M.Storm the route for me or should I find another 2* character to replace M.Storm. I also have C.Storm and couple of others posted above.

I want to get a full 2* team but I was just curious abut the 3*'s, I'll hold off until I get to that road.
  • I would discourage using Doom right now. It's 12 black to churn out 6 attack tiles. Personally I find it's better to use wolverine's strike tiles and m.storm's hailstorm. As long as you have one attack tile (doing one damage), that attack tile is doing 1 + strike tile every turn. There are changes planned for Wolverine, which probably has something to do with this.

At level 85 each strike tile on the board adds +89 damage to the attack. So if you have 32 attack tiles doing 7 damage each, that's 224 damage. If your wolverine has 5 red, and you use feral claws 3 times that's 6 strike tiles. Each attack does (attack) + 534. During your turn you match-3. lets say you do 75 damage, the strike tiles add +534 for a total of 609. After you match-3 your attack tiles, attack. (32 * 7) + (89 * 6). That's 758 damage. In one turn, where you would ordinarily deal 299 damage (75 + 224), you're dealing 299 + 1068.

Note, level 15 Thor Mjolnir's Might deals 224 damage. Level 85 it deals 1113 damage. Those strike tiles are powerful

At level 15, 2-star wolverine adds +18 damage for each strike tile. So if you have 6 out, that's an additional 108 to your match-3, and an additional 108 to the total hailstorm damage. Extra 216 damage.

Wow I appreciate all the info and yea with those calc's you just did those strike tiles are powerful. I guess Wolvie is the way to go right now for my team.

Thanks alot !!
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    iiiamchris wrote:
    3/5/5 is the best build for widow imo, but 4/5/4 works in a pinch. Im not sure if you realized this, but espionage counts for 2 attacks at levels 4/5, which means strike tiles proc twice on it. If your feral claws give +50 attack, it would give 50 attack to both widows first attack and then again to the espionage trigger (meaning double damage strike tiles!) purple is also good when kept at a lower ap cost since you can use it more often.

I didn't know that about OBW Black powers with Wolvie combo. Do you think 4/5/4 for OBW is still viable or should rebuild ?

How should Wolvie go because I currently have him at 3/3/3.

So is OBW, Wolvie and M.Storm the route for me or should I find another 2* character to replace M.Storm. I also have C.Storm and couple of others posted above.

I want to get a full 2* team but I was just curious abut the 3*'s, I'll hold off until I get to that road.

The difference between 4/5/4 and 3/5/5 is mainly the purple: generally stealing 4AP is bad since they wont have 4AP unless they do 2+ matches, which isn't worth the +1 AP cost to the ability. The thing about espionage is that level 4 and level 5 functions nearly identically: all you care is that it does SOME damage, so that the strike tiles can boost it. Given that you invested 50 levels into widow, I would just keep her and level her as is (once wolvie gets nerfed, she might become not as good anyways).

For wolvie, the main thing is that you get 5 green: I would argue that there are 2 optimal builds: 5/3/5, which is good when you are on the offense since he always heals for the full amount, but doesn't necessarily boost his offensive capabilities. 5/5/3 is viable too, but wolvie isn't as good of a tank with this build.

In terms of your team comp, wolvie / widow / m storm would work for now. I'm not sure if leveling C. storm works right now because your team (wolvie / widow / c. storm) would be really squishy. Normally a tanky character like thor or ares would go well with wolvie and widow, so I would try to do that if possible.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    elysium wrote:
    I would also ask for some roster help !

I'm building my 2* team. I have Thor and Wolverine (xmen). Who would be the best fit :

One more question. Who would you sacrifice : Dr Doom (1black 1blue) or Magneto Classic (1blue) ? Need space can't keep them all...

Thanks

Could you list your entire roster? It's hard to give advice without seeing what oyu have to work with.
  • Everyone telling the fella to pour ISO into Thor and Wolverine when they are going to be changed in the next few weeks.
  • elysium wrote:

Thanks

Could you list your entire roster? It's hard to give advice without seeing what oyu have to work with.

I need help with mine here is the list looking for a good third player

141 C MAg 5/3/5
    141 Spidey 5/5/3
    115 Rag 5/5
    115 DD 5/5
    163 Wolvie 5/5/3
    85 Ares 4/4/5
    85 Mag 4/5/4
    74 Hulk 5/2/3
    70 C Storm 5/5/3
    69 Daken 5/5
    66 Punisher 2/5/4
    63 Thor *3/5/5*
    60 Wolv 5/5/3
    IM40 5/4/4
    50 im35 5/5/3
    50 Storm 4/5/4
    43 OBW 3/5/5
    40 BW 5/5
    40 Venom 5/5
    38 IW 0/0/2
    36 Moonstone 5/5/3
    33 Hood 3/5/5
    30 Loki 5/5
    18 Cap America 5/5/3
    18 Wolvie Patch 0/2/2
    15 OBW 2/5/4
    7 Bullseye 5/5
    6 Hawkee 5/5/3
    6 Bag Man 4/5/4
    6 Jug 5/5
    1 Yelana 5/5/

I know it looks like I have many choices for a good team but I don't want to put iso in wrong person

Thanks
  • elysium wrote:

Thanks

If you don't have a OBW(3/5/5), Cstorm(4/5/4) is a better option than ares for the team, just pray for a blue cover.

Don't sell *3 character you will need them a the log run. Try farming all the hp from the missions to get some cover space.

Also don't spend Hp in abilities and random covers.
  • russnou wrote:
    I need help with mine here is the list looking for a good third player
    141 C MAg 5/3/5
    141 Spidey 5/5/3
    115 Rag 5/5
    115 DD 5/5
    163 Wolvie 5/5/3
    85 Ares 4/4/5
    85 Mag 4/5/4
    74 Hulk 5/2/3
    70 C Storm 5/5/3
    69 Daken 5/5
    66 Punisher 2/5/4
    63 Thor *3/5/5*
    60 Wolv 5/5/3
    IM40 5/4/4
    50 im35 5/5/3
    50 Storm 4/5/4
    43 OBW 3/5/5
    40 BW 5/5
    40 Venom 5/5
    38 IW 0/0/2
    36 Moonstone 5/5/3
    33 Hood 3/5/5
    30 Loki 5/5
    18 Cap America 5/5/3
    18 Wolvie Patch 0/2/2
    15 OBW 2/5/4
    7 Bullseye 5/5
    6 Hawkee 5/5/3
    6 Bag Man 4/5/4
    6 Jug 5/5
    1 Yelana 5/5/

I know it looks like I have many choices for a good team but I don't want to put iso in wrong person

Thanks

I think punisher and c.magneto would work well together.
  • abuelo wrote:
    Everyone telling the fella to pour ISO into Thor and Wolverine when they are going to be changed in the next few weeks.

Lol I know I saw that there are gonna be changes with those two characters, I'm so conflicted .
  • Hy there iiiamchris.

I'm sad to see that your roster space is quite low, and your characters are not so good. It will be rough for you, but keep at it, you really need to improve the roster space.

In my opinion, your best team out of there would be Modern Storm/ Original Black Widow/ Wolverine

Modern Storm is good, but Original Black Widow must be made into a 4-5-4 (would prefer 3-5-5, but is not accesible to you). As for Wolverine, he needs to be 5-3-5 if possible, but the most important thing is the 5 in green.

What i want to say about that team is that Storm can actually destroy your strike Wolverine strike tiles with her green. If you feel like the map haves a lot of green for capture, it's best to actually use her red first to clear city tiles (just if there are many), then use her green to try getting some cascades and get some green and red. With the new green and red you aquired, you can start adding wolverine strike tiles to the board. For each 5 red that storm collected for you ,you will add one more strike tile. so at 5 red you will put 2, at 10 you will put 3. (if you didnt used storm's red, you may get 3 out), Use Black Widow's steal to keep your green and red resources up, and her blue to heal. You will need to level Wolverine higher than your Storm, so he can start tanking. It will be an expensive task since they are both 50 now, but it must be done. Eventually your Wolverine must be the highest level of them, and obw second (so she can match purple/black for the high damage with the strike tiles)

If there any good rewards available for you in the prologue, like the gold coins or thor/wolverine covers, you should try doing those. Don't be discouraged by their grade of "impossible", just keep trying and use boosts for it (3 for all, 3 for blue/purple, 3 for red/yellow or 3 for green/black)

I know Wolverine will get nerfed, but...i really dont see anything else you can do. My team is carried by Wolverine/Black Widow comp (wolverine being 55 and Widow 45). They are so good toghether that i manage to get some high tourney placements, lately even top 5 (working towards a punisher, my first 3 star). I have hope that Wolverine will still be decent, at least until you start getting some Thor's and 3 stars.

You're future plan should be getting spider man, the hood, hulk, thor, classic magneto, and iron man 35 covers, perhaps trying to complete the Classic Storm and get some space for Punisher and Ares.
    Classic storm is best at 5/5/3 , but there is no big rush for her, modern Storm is pretty close her until higher levels.