5) Wed, Feb 18, 1PM

Boosted: icon_magneto.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Rewards (important ones only)

Progress:
500 star.pngstar.pngblackflag.pngicon_humantorch.png
900 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngblueflag.pngicon_magneto.png
1000 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngyellowflag.pngicon_starlord.png

Placement:
1) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngyellowflag.pngicon_thor.png PLUS star.pngstar.pngstar.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (patch)
2-5) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (patch)
6-10) star.pngstar.pngstar.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (patch)
11-25) star.pngstar.pngstar.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (patch)
26-50) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngyellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (patch)
50-100) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngyellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (patch)
101-200) star.pngstar.pngblueflag.pngicon_captainamerica.png
201-300) star.pngstar.pngblueflag.pngicon_captainamerica.png

The usual ISO and HP amounts apply.

The next event will likely be Cage Match, given the usual pattern of reward -> event

First time doing this thread, so if I've missed anything, let me know and I will add it.

Cheers,

San

Comments

• Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hm. Imagine that. Easiest Patch to get was also the most recently awarded. Yay.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Isn't next event going to be Cage Match, with Patch being buffed? I don't even remember whose event Lethal Intent is.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Isn't next event going to be Cage Match, with Patch being buffed? I don't even remember whose event Lethal Intent is.

Si.
  • Lethal Intent was LDaken, wasn't it?
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My bad, you are correct, it's called Cage Match
  • san-mpq wrote:
    :magneto: is finally here!

Shards in Pacific Standard Time (PST)

1) Tues, Feb 17, 7PM
    2) Wed, Feb 18, 1AM
    3) Wed, Feb 18, 4AM
    4) Wed, Feb 18, 10AM
    5) Wed, Feb 18, 1PM

Boosted: icon_magneto.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Rewards (important ones only)

Progress:
    500 star.pngstar.pngblackflag.pngicon_humantorch.png
    900 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngblueflag.pngicon_magneto.png
    1000 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngyellowflag.pngicon_starlord.png

Placement:
    1) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngyellowflag.pngicon_thor.png PLUS star.pngstar.pngstar.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (patch)
    2-5) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (patch)
    6-10) star.pngstar.pngstar.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (patch)
    11-25) star.pngstar.pngstar.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (patch)
    26-50) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngyellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (patch)
    50-100) star.pngstar.pngstar.pngyellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png (patch)
    101-200) star.pngstar.pngblueflag.pngicon_captainamerica.png
    201-300) star.pngstar.pngblueflag.pngicon_captainamerica.png

The usual ISO and HP amounts apply.

The next event will likely be Cage Match, given the usual pattern of reward -> event

First time doing this thread, so if I've missed anything, let me know and I will add it.

Cheers,

San

Starlord isn't an important reward, otherwise, gj!

This'll be my 5th patch yellow if all goes well. I might even use deadpool whales if I have to....
    san-mpq wrote:
    My bad, you are correct, it's called Cage Match

Lethal Intent was Gamora. I don't remember what Daken's is called...hmmm

---Found it, Daken's is "Fatal Attraction". The names are pretty ambiguous....
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm firmly in 2*-3* transition territory, and I'd really like to get my 1/2/1 patch up. I don't have magneto at all. Would a loaner Mag help me breach the top 100?
  • pabasa130 wrote:
    I'm firmly in 2*-3* transition territory, and I'd really like to get my 1/2/1 patch up. I don't have magneto at all. Would a loaner Mag help me breach the top 100?

most likely no since everyone else has one, but depends on bracket. I was in 127-person bracket and as I was saying to my guildie, you never know what'll happen
  • Roswulf
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:

most likely no since everyone else has one, but depends on bracket. I was in 127-person bracket and as I was saying to my guildie, you never know what'll happen

Yeah, as a player whose strength lies in maxed 2*, I've had my best luck by far joining brackets in the last hour or so and hoping for an easily poachable bracket. I can generally get to 300/400 for the progression awards with a single push, and it feels like that level of effort bags a 3* in an incomplete bracket about 30% of the time.
  • Roswulf wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:

Yeah, as a player whose strength lies in maxed 2*, I've had my best luck by far joining brackets in the last hour or so and hoping for an easily poachable bracket. I can generally get to 300/400 for the progression awards with a single push, and it feels like that level of effort bags a 3* in an incomplete bracket about 30% of the time.

If you're really daring you can try last 20 minutes. But I've found luck both ways(etnering with enough time to get to the 166 wall - usually 500/600 pts, and entering late to get a more lax bracket
  • I've found my best luck with late joining in the last 2 hours. That gives you enough time to go for a few extra pushes or take on a tougher opponent worth more points that might take longer but you think you can beat.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Currently in 11th. If I can finish in the top 25, I'll have the powers and I'll have the ISO to make Patch my first fully leveled 3 star character. Huzzah for me!
  • I can't seem to buy a match over 22 right now, and when I finally do, I get such an awful board that my 162 Patch/Deadpool with loaner CMag got absolutely demolished by a 102 Hulk/90 Blade loaner CMag team. Ridiculous.
  • Machinasp
    Options
    anyone have info on first slice plz ?
  • Oh come ON! Had a node worth 37 points lined up and was killing it against a max XF/4Thor team. Their Mag just bit the dust and XF was a shield away from death when miracle cascade drops upon them, wiping my loaner. XF drops his green, which drops my Patch, and then Surgical Strike puts LCap at 200 health, so I retreat. Seriously, if any team doesn't need help from cascades, it's them!
  • Machinasp wrote:

What do you mean?
  • MyNameIsRed
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Machinasp wrote:

What do you mean?

I assume pool size and ending time?

I timed my entry satisfactorily, ended 41, no defeats. That's all I needed to make my patch properly covered. So I am happy
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    joined before it even started (like with 3 hours before it started) and was still able to get into a bracket where the winner was 514 pts (2nd should be pissed had 512 and got passed in the last min)

355 was good enough for 13th. 2 covers, 100 tokens and 50 HP..... WOOO