Quick thread to say HI

Options
Hey everybody! New player here. I wanted to introduce myself since I finally got a forum ID activated after a couple weeks of trying. My user name is almost the same as my in game name, but not exactly, since I had to try multiple times to get this to work. I’m Crazyeyeskilla in game, feel free to pound away on me if you see me, but I don’t really need to say this since you’re already happily doing so to my poor wimpy non-maxed Thor (70) Ares (30) and CStorm (60) team right now in DC.

I’m HOOKED on this game, can’t stop playing. I bought and loved the original Puzzle Quest on multiple systems back in the day. This game hits every note I loved about the original, even though it lacks a story mode similar to the original PQ. That would be tinykitty amazing!!! I’ve made some rookie mistakes starting out, for example my 2* Wolvie is 3/5/5 (ugh) but that might be okay after nerf day right? I’m addicted to boosting since I love the PVP tourneys and nailing those top rewards, but the only way I can complete at higher levels is by boosting when my score gets up there. So I am leveling slowly, but these forums have been IMMENSELY HELPFUL planning my way to jumping to a 3* team. Tentatively I’m shooting for Punisher 5/5/3 (he should be ready to go after I get two more blacks from DC), Spidey 3/5/5 (need more covers tho, he’s at 2/3/3 at the moment, debating fighting my way through progression in shield training to get a couple more) and either Hulk (4/2/2 right now) or Patch (2/2/2 thanks to two top fives in Rage and Ruin). I’d probably prefer to tank with IM40 but I only got two covers for him so far, he’s way off from being ready.

Anyway just wanted to say howdy, thanks to BugHunt and everyone else for shielding with your tank teams, and I’m looking forward to participating on these great forums.

Comments

• Spidey 3/5/5 (need more covers tho, he’s at 2/3/3 at the moment, debating fighting my way through progression in shield training to get a couple more)

I had the same thought last week and hit the SHIELD training hard. Got up to 2300 and the top of the leaderboard when the points completely dried up. I've been keeping an eye on it since but the highest scores haven't been near that high. I think it may be impossible.

On a lighter note, welcome!
  • Yeah I've got a ways to go there. Only ranked at 970 or so and facing near unbeatable teams. Hoping they feature spidey in some tourney rewards soon. Thanks for the welcome!
  • Welcome! How long have you been playing because your characters have pretty decent progression already. Since you don't have a decent IM40, I'ma guess you joined after they stopped giving him away like candy.
  • @Crazyeyeskiller: Nice to meet you. You are in a much better place than me (Spidey is only 3/1/1 and Thor 3/5/1) so you might have a shot at the Divine Champions getting you Punisher covers. This time I aim for the 3 standard covers (at some point they have to give something useful instead of garbage 1* covers). Anyway good luck and have fun.
    bahukma wrote:
    I had the same thought last week and hit the SHIELD training hard. Got up to 2300 and the top of the leaderboard when the points completely dried up. I've been keeping an eye on it since but the highest scores haven't been near that high. I think it may be impossible.
    Wow, 2300? Where I am, #1 is lower than 1400. What I gain during day I lose during night, so after I got the 1500 reward I never went back. I would love to get that red Thor at 1700, but I don't see how that can happen.
  • I lit you up a few times with retaliations... seems like the message was received. "you can attack me, but you aint keeping those points for long!" ; )

Just keep grinding. I'm on day 52 and wasn't able to pull 1st place prizes until about two weeks ago.

Save your iso for leveling up characters. Only boost for high level hunt missions and when you just can't break through a resistance level (1000, 13000, 1800)

Save your HP for roster spots and shields. Buy a skill upgrade if you're impatient, but don't squander HP on packs.

Play lightning rounds. You probably won't be able to crack top 50 for token, but it's a quick cheap way to get iso and standard tokesn until you have the villains upgraded enough to compete.

Good luck.

Brady28
  • Narkon wrote:
    Wow, 2300? Where I am, #1 is lower than 1400. What I gain during day I lose during night, so after I got the 1500 reward I never went back. I would love to get that red Thor at 1700, but I don't see how that can happen.

I think that the leaderboards for ST are everyone, not bracketed like a normal tournament. I just looked at the top10 and saw a lot of the same names I was hitting on my way up but, like you said, #1 was under 1400. As i said earlier, once I hit the top, the majority of the people I was facing offered 0 points. I'm really not sure if it is possible at this point to get to 3K.

Crazyeyeskilla, I apologize for derailing your thread and look forward to attacking you viciously should you come up in my MMR grouping.
    Never more than once in an hour, though. That would be rude. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Welcome! How long have you been playing because your characters have pretty decent progression already. Since you don't have a decent IM40, I'ma guess you joined after they stopped giving him away like candy.

Thanks! I am on day 48 according to daily rewards. I found these forums early on and got a lot of good tips to help with progression. My first tourney that I played in was the one that featured IM40 but I didn't really "get it" at that point. I did well on the last tourney that had Spidey as the 3* rewards and got a lucky purple cover for him in a standard token pack!
  • Narkon wrote:
    @Crazyeyeskiller: Nice to meet you. You are in a much better place than me (Spidey is only 3/1/1 and Thor 3/5/1) so you might have a shot at the Divine Champions getting you Punisher covers. This time I aim for the 3 standard covers (at some point they have to give something useful instead of garbage 1* covers). Anyway good luck and have fun

Thanks! I entirely plan on getting my last cover Punisher after round two of DC. Ranked 2 right now in my bracket for rnd 1 and 3-4 are way behind. Will probably pick up IW too but it doesn't look like Mooseman is going to let me get that 4* Wolvie.

On second thought though I may use round two of DC to finish off what I need for OBW. I'm torn though because judging from the complaints about Punsiher showing up here they might give him a vacation for a while. I need that last black cover from round 2 to finish him up.
  • I lit you up a few times with retaliations... seems like the message was received. "you can attack me, but you aint keeping those points for long!" ; )

Just keep grinding. I'm on day 52 and wasn't able to pull 1st place prizes until about two weeks ago.

Save your iso for leveling up characters. Only boost for high level hunt missions and when you just can't break through a resistance level (1000, 13000, 1800)

Save your HP for roster spots and shields. Buy a skill upgrade if you're impatient, but don't squander HP on packs.

Play lightning rounds. You probably won't be able to crack top 50 for token, but it's a quick cheap way to get iso and standard tokesn until you have the villains upgraded enough to compete.

Good luck.

Brady28
    yeah all you guys are bashing me good, been spending a ton on shields. I appreciate the tips, they're a big part of what's kept me hooked on this game. It's tough to resist using the ISO for boosts and HP for shields when the rewards I need are hanging there taunting me. I figure I'll spend it now and ensure I get the covers I want, and then grind for the ISO on tourneys I'm not interested in. I have 23 roster slots, not sure I need more at the moment. A couple days ago I sold off my rarely used 1* characters to make room.