Add "inactive" slots to alliance pls

Vohnkar
Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
Hi, I've been playing since the game went live on Steam. Got all my friends to play the game but they eventually got tired and stop playing daily. We had an alliance and their inactivity was hurting every other member on the alliance. They left the alliance and never came back.

Right now I have a similar problem, I have 3-4 friends still playing on my alliance but being really inactive, doing 0-500 points per season (yeah, I know thats almost no play at all in an entire seassonm thats why I'm writting this post), they enter now and then and I like to play with them, If I remove them from the alliance they will probably left the game and won't come back. It would be nice to have some extra slots on every alliance marked as inactive or something that makes those people don't add points to the ranking of the alliance. This would allow friends to stay on the same alliance even when they play occasionaly wihout hurting the ranking of the alliance.

Our alliance lost some active players due to that. I like to play a bit more competitive than them, but I would like to stay on my alliance with them.

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    That is a bit of a problem. I had a very similar situation myself. I first started my alliance Heros-R-Us for me, my wife, nephew, and a few friends. After a while though, some completely stopped playing and others went casual. Then they started seasons with Nick Fury as the reward. And I really wanted him, but could not do so with the team I had.

So I tried a couple things, but the solution I finally came to was this; (which is much easier to do now with all alliances being 20 members)....
    I opened a second account and started a second alliance, Heros-R-Us Jr. as a casual team. This way, the main team could be a competitive top 100 alliance, and I could still play on the second team with my wife and friends in a casual way. Of course that later grew to a 3rd alliance, Heros-R-Us 3rd, but this way, I can be competitive and still play with friends and family.

I, personally, would like for the bottom 2 scores of alliances to not count, so only top 18 or so are added to season final score. It's a good idea, but I don't think D3 will doing that anytime soon, or if at all. icon_cry.gif

P.S. ... Just to be clear, you can not play on two separate alliances with the same roster/account. One roster, my good one, is on the main alliance, while my second roster is on the casual team.

P.S.S. ... edited for spelling