Remove 2* cover rewards

huskeebear
huskeebear Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
It is the opinion of the poster that star.pngstar.png cover rewards are a huge contributing factor to the current acknowledged difficulty of transitioning from the star.pngstar.png to star.pngstar.pngstar.png play arena.

Login Day : 167
Roster Slots : 58 all star.pngstar.png fully covered

My theory is that star.pngstar.png covers are largely irrelevant for the majority of the player base.

Keep in mind, each release of a new star.pngstar.pngstar.png and above is not a linear increase in the difficulty of maxing covers but an exponential.

Would you rather take
    A)guaranteed 2* cover (need it or not, most likely if you need it, my experience is that it's going to drop for you pretty soon regardless)
    B)2x Standard Token Packs

Personally, I would rather take the Token Packs. See the current versus Leaderboard awards.

Rank
101-200. 500 iso8.png, icon_hawkeye.png Modern purpleflag.png
201-300. 250 iso8.png, icon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 iso8.png

Share your opinion below, vote in the poll above.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    there's a big difference between the virtual certainty of drawing Modern Hawkeye, and the *actual* certainty of drawing Modern Hawkeye becuase he is locked in as the prize.

1 - replace some instances of specific 1* characters with a standard token. (Instead of locking me into Juggs, let me draw one).
    2 - replace some instances of specific 2* characters with a heroic token. (same as above but replace 'Juggs' with Moonstone).

I also think we are long overdue for:
    3 - a guaranteed "3* or better" (Cosmic?) token be created and replace some of the existing heroic drops

Also, how about an exchange rate to swap X standards --> 1 Heroic; and then Y Heroics for a 'Cosmic' token.

Having 2* covers as the progression and placement awards for PVP events when you are already dropping them after fights diminishes the value of placements somewhat. Having specific 2* covers rewarded in PVP placement was helpful to players when the cards weren't just dropping out of the sky as rewards for random fights. Doing so diminishes them as placement and progression. (This is the same rationale that causes some people to say that the placement rewards for Lightning rounds is backwards - many consider placing 26-50 to be "better" than finishing 8-25 because of what has happened to the drop frequencies in the tokens awarded.)