MPQ Arena Mode

It's been a while since I've posted anything but hear me out on this one.

How about introducing an Arena mode? Let me elaborate...

Let's say Arena is a daily event independent from all the rest. What happens here is people fight each other for daily rewards from ranks. I know I know, how is this different from the actual PVP? Check out some rules I'm thinking of:

1 - A player can perform only 5 attacks per day.
2 - Attacks have a cool down period in between just for the fun of it.
3 - Your rank does not reset when the attacks do. You hold your rank until you get attacked and fall below it.
4 - If you attack someone, you get his rank and he gets yours (Of course some sort of MMR will be applied so that you don't go from T10 to T1000.
5 - You can set your own defense team but you can attack with whatever combos you want without having to change the defense team.

To all of you that love sniping people and taking their rewards in pointless PVP battles, don't you think it would be nice to snipe someone for his actual rank and rewards? Isn't that the true meaning of PVP? What you say people?

Comments

• Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    If I remember correctly, there was something a bit like this (not quite same rules/ranking) during the initial version of the game, where it was not linked to a season (indeed, there were no seasons!). Seems like a cool idea, though I'm not sure what rewards you could do that would not make it as competitive as normal PvP. Perhaps you could introduce it as smaller mini-leagues, or max out at 100 people per slot, to make it viable for everyone to have a chance.
  • Can you choose who you're targeting?

Because if so, people will just target the top spot over and over again until the arena is over.

There would be essentially no movement between 500 and 1.

Especially since every team is beatable in this game and there really is no rock paper scissors type of countering.
  • onimus wrote:
    Can you choose who you're targeting?

Because if so, people will just target the top spot over and over again until the arena is over.

There would be essentially no movement between 500 and 1.

Especially since every team is beatable in this game and there really is no rock paper scissors type of countering.

Of course you can.

I was thinking you could pick targets the same as you do in current PVP but without the skipping cost. I don't think you need a skipping cost when your tries are limited.