PvE scaling petition

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
Long story short, towards the last 2 branches of the last gauntlet path--I could only, I emphasize--*ONLY*, beat the near level-400 overpowered characters by loading up on purple iso boosts and the all-color stockpile boosts and then dropping every whale on them. Legitimately throwing maxed 4* THOR (5-3-5 loadout), buffed Daredevil (3-5-5 loadout), and 4* Wolvy (5-5-3 loadout) and just trying to beat them didn't work. And it had nothing to do with the cascade because I repeatedly got destroyed via multiple efforts. I mean, a level 395 daken, for 5 blue AP could do approximately 6500 damage, provided 4 strike tiles are on the board. That is ludicrous!

This scaling is getting really out of hand. What if you don't have the deadpool points to go the route I did--is it fair to create matches where the max-level, legendary covers cannot legitimately compete?? That doesn't seem like a contest. That's like being blindfolded with your hands tied behind your back and them demanding you defend yourself against armed banditos.

I feel alone but I'm sure I can't be the only person who feels this way.

We need a petition to fix that. I am okay with fighting other characters who share the same level caps but buffing characters approximately 238% is just offensive and a dirty, cheapshot! It's not fun and the rewards are sooooo mediocre by comparison of effort.

Why not be more creative with cover abilities instead of just creating stacked matches? Seriously, for example 3* spiderman/Bullseye matched with Falcon demonstrates a suitable challenge due to Falcon's yellow ability buffing strike/protect/attack tiles. That is a legitimate challenge but this other stuff is just bullying. Practically juicing their ponies in the race and in betting circles you get caught doing that--you're lucky you walk away with only broken legs. But we are just taking it from D3...melodramatic I know, but the analogy is apt!!!

The movement has to start somewhere...I'm planting seeds, who wants to roll up their sleeves and get dirty with me??

Comments

• I wanted to add to this comment, but first lets address some basics. firstly,I understand this is the gauntlet it is suppose to be challenging and push you to find strategies to beat hard match ups, but i think it should of been one single 2 day event where you choose between the 3 difficulties and your locked into that. Secondly, i think they should of let use any character for each of the fights. My second rate fighters do not compete with these monsters when my main are locked out of the fight.
    Recently the scaling has been getting out of control and needs be toned down a bit I burnt through enough health packs and retired boosts to keep me going through the next 4 events just getting past the second stage of the event. i had to throw in the towel for the gauntlet because the remaining rewards are not worth burning of health packs with the season starting. ( the green punisher was amazing i have only gotten one in may 320 days of playing) I think the point rewards should of been better since only 10 people are winning decent event end rewards(10 x10 pk tokens typical event tokens seams lacking versus 129 guaranteed covers given out of a typical season event). i think there should have been maybe at least 2 maybe 3 tokens winnable in each segment. and if you don't have the essential characters at a fairly decently level don't even bother playing this event cause you cant get top rewards. This is a semi-fun change of pace event from the usual grind but it was still a mad dash and could use some improvement. Sometimes we would like to run over glass instead of rusty nails sometimes icon_rolleyes.gif. I feel so burnt out from last season it is like i didn't get a reprieve before i start back up again.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's no easier for transitioners. My F2P account is struggling to get through the Luke Cage / Hulk / OBW node.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    I'll add my support. It's frustrating because you'd THINK that as you got better and better heroes, the game would get easier. Instead, it just gets harder and harder. What's the point?
  • I'll agree here. I'm about a year into play, and still struggle to get to the end of the 1st gauntlet without boasting. It shouldn't be hard to impliment something that just caps you at the average of your top 6 characters or something.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    beeatch wrote:
    I'll agree here. I'm about a year into play, and still struggle to get to the end of the 1st gauntlet without boasting. It shouldn't be hard to impliment something that just caps you at the average of your top 6 characters or something.
    I think that's my biggest problem overall.

Player A has 3 166s
    Player B has 9 166s
    All of Player B's fights are harder.

Why? It's not like he can bring those extra 6 guys into the fight. He's not anymore capable than A to win any particular fight.
  • [Deleted User]
    beeatch wrote:
    I'll agree here. I'm about a year into play, and still struggle to get to the end of the 1st gauntlet without boasting. It shouldn't be hard to impliment something that just caps you at the average of your top 6 characters or something.

Player A has 3 166s
    Player B has 9 166s

Why? It's not like he can bring those extra 6 guys into the fight. He's not anymore capable than A to win any particular fight.

THIS^^^^^ It's just simple logic.

I've seen some interesting suggestions on the forums lately and I feel like they're falling on deaf ears. Hopefully with enough people cosigning this recommendation to tone down the percentage of buffing enemy opponents.

Another think I think is very cheaterish is that the buffed enemy covers aren't limited to the 13-cover limited distribution of abilities like we are. The buffed enemy characters all run at 5-5-5, max abilities across the board. It is just absolutely insane that they pit us against these odds. It's very unimaginative in terms of challenge design. Like I said, more unique abilities such as Falcon's yellow ability, or Blade's Black ability which steals strongest AP, while tile is on the board, are great examples of unique abilities that bring legitimate challenges to the table but also give the opponent (us--the players) the opportunity to remove them from the board before we get massacred.
  • [Deleted User]
    I'll add my support. It's frustrating because you'd THINK that as you got better and better heroes, the game would get easier. Instead, it just gets harder and harder. What's the point?

that is the overall premise behind leveling systems too. Final Fantasy has implemented leveling systems the best, limitless level possibilities and giving players the opportunity to reap the benefits of grinding out levels. I understand that wouldn't be fair in a PvP-supporting game but the overall premise is that the players of the game end up with the most powerful characters in the game.

I also think a suitable alternative is to only buff one of the enemy characters to absurd levels instead of the entire enemy team. I think that would be a fair compromise relative to 3 lvl-395 monsters, but 1 lvl-395 and 2 lvl-270(166), also not granting max cover ability and using the same 13-cover limit imposed on the players.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

Player A has 3 166s
    Player B has 9 166s

I can expand on this: I am player A, player B is an alliance mate

Player A has 2 4* at 200 & 3 166s
    Player B has 8 166s
    All of player B's fight are harder...