Finally spent money and im regretting :(

So I recently got a gift card because my girl knows I play PQ everyday, and it was for 25 bucks. I put in another 35 recently and I bought maybe four slots and spent the rest on hero packs. I only got one three star character (Daredevil) which I am grateful for, but I feel like fans who pay should really get something less randomized or more rewarding. I honestly feel like not paying again, which is a shame because this game is a great way to kill some time.

Comments

• Never spend the $ on packs for the reason you mentioned: RANDOMNESS. Wouldve been better to get a cover you wanted with the HP. But we all learn from these mistakes trust me! I don't buy packs cause of the advice from the forums

Good luck to you and I say don't put down the game just yet
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Gio27 wrote:
    So I recently got a gift card because my girl knows I play PQ everyday, and it was for 25 bucks. I put in another 35 recently and I bought maybe four slots and spent the rest on hero packs. I only got one three star character (Daredevil) which I am grateful for, but I feel like fans who pay should really get something less randomized or more rewarding. I honestly feel like not paying again, which is a shame because this game is a great way to kill some time.

Alas, this is why we have learned not to buy packs.

So, in case you come back to the forums, what did you expect out of a 10 pack? I ask, because it could be better feedback to D3 than just your absolute frustration, which is good for them to know.
  • While I agree that in most cases buying packs leads to heartbreak, I would say that there is a time when buying packs is beneficial. The few friends who I can get to stay here with me constantly remind that when you start this game and you're trying to transition into the two star characters how easily you can get stuck by choosing characters that they can't seem to draw. The Plateau can be boring to the point of madness and easily stretch weeks.

Taking into account for factors like how relatively cheap roster slots are early on and that card packs give out 2 star minimums or that $40-50 isn't a completely absurd amount of money to spend on a video game you will squander an ungodly amount of time on.... I feel it's good advice to say, if you have just started and would like to try for an early step up, go ahead and do it!

Despite how much we **** about it, the developers deserve the support... you will eventually need the roster slots and even one copy of TGoT is helpful when the rest of your roster is stuck at level 40 so good luck!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I knew what this thread was going to be, even though it's been said 8,000 times here, "Don't buy token packs"
  • I started playing in December 14 and they had the thanks giving sale going on so i dropped $100 on 2 x 42 packs (one heroic and one Thoress) as my Xmas present. Being extremely lucky, I managed to get each of XF's cover.

I then spent the balance and whatever HP I had from PVEs and story mode to max my XF black and green, as a result I basically skipped the 1-2* transition and went straight to 2-3* with a lineup of XF + 2 x 2*.

Knowing the odds after opening those 2 packs and the next few PVP 10 packs, I would never purchase packs again in 3 star land. It's way more worth it to just buy covers outright. If you were to buy, please buy heroic, I got 0 thoress from her 42 pack. For 4600 HP difference you could get close to 4 covers for a 3*.

Pretty sure people will buy less packs with Deadpool daily events now. And if I were to choose, I'd rather buy the Deadpool 42 taco packs which is cheaper and has a better ratio for certain heroes. Who knows, you might be lucky enough to get the 1k HP and buy another 42 taco pack.