Revamping 2-star progressions/PvP effort

AaronTheLuigi
AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
Before the start of this season (Season XI) I had finished a good amount of my star.pngstar.png characters, more or less completing the 1-2 transition. With the added progression in PvP events, however, I'm noticing the difficulties of a young roster building up their star.pngstar.png shelf. For reference, this is my roster:
nDtNgAI.jpg

In the Star-Lord PvP (Ask Questions Later) I made it past 400 points in the progressions, mostly relying on the loaner icon_starlord.png with icon_daken.pngicon_wolverine.png . That being said, crossing this threshold presented teams that were at minimum, Lv. 94. Which is what I expected, and more or less balanced. Yet the climb to 500 is, well, improbable for me. My peak in this event is 499. Once I hit that everything in my queue was at least 130 plus star.pngstar.pngstar.png . Not to mention I took a mere hour and a half away for dinner and I returned to see this:
ndSKy2v.jpg

Some of these teams were leagues beyond me, others I nabbed retaliation points off of being equal to my level. However, the hits kept coming. I'm currently back at 392 points, unable to get the 500 reward (which I don't need because it's icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png ) but it does worry me that even a maxed star.pngstar.png roster has difficulties getting a star.pngstar.png cover from progressions. No, I don't expect to beat star.pngstar.pngstar.png teams or place top 1/5/25 reasonably, and this effort is barely keeping me in top 100, so I seem to be doing well for my slice. However, I've been playing for the entirety of the event and have been trapped in this cycle for the last 24 hours. What really concerns me, however, is in the previous event (Category 5) I joined an hour before the slice ended and got 400+ points and finished 6th in the bracket, for a fraction of the effort I put in to this PvP.

If this comes off as ranty, I apologize. And this is only the first PvP I've truly experienced with my current roster, so I can't confirm if this is what I'll always see until I get star.pngstar.pngstar.png over 100, but I want to ask of my fellow Lv. 94 and below troopers: Are you hitting the star.pngstar.png reward in progressions regularly? (Or all the star.png / star.pngstar.png rewards in S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator, which is another big problem with the progression structure) Do you experience better/worst/similar results playing the last hour rather than playing the whole event? And veterans who are building star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png and beyond: Did you run into similar issues at this point in your MPQ career? Do you think we should be having an easier/harder time hitting these thresholds? Do my concerns carry over to star.pngstar.pngstar.png progressions/rewards? Do we need further change in PvP progressions? Should we have easier climbs and placements for exerting less time in an event?