Ay yo, Johnny Blaze

Options
How come this game has literally zero love for Ghost Rider?

Is it because of Nicholas Cage

Comments

• I'm not totally sure if there's a major reason, I know they tend to add characters who are getting a new comic or otherwise being important in the comics or movies of the time. They added Gamora, Rocket and Groot, and recently Star Lord due to the GotG movie. They also added Squirrel Girl because she was getting a new comic and Lady Thor for the same reason. If they ever do something special with Ghost Rider he'll probably get added to the game in some form.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm also really counting that Ghost Rider will finally appear in the game.
  • It has zero love for a lot of characters.

I would love to see Gambit, Nightcrawler, Thing, Mr. Fantastic and a hand full of bad guys.

Thanos, Ultron, Apocolypse, Carnage and Mr Sinister.

There are still a ton of characters that need to be put in this game.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd love for them to add Johnny Blaze. With the recent "All-New Ghost Rider" comic cancelled/wrapping-up very soon, maybe Marvel will relaunch a new Blaze-featured GR comic, which would be a great opportunity for some MPQ cross-promotion.

(Incidentally, I believe Marvel also got back the film/TV rights to Ghost Rider -- and Blade! -- so it's always possible for them and the rest of the Midnight Sons to pop up in these 4 upcoming Netflix shows sometime)
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so it's always possible for them and the rest of the Midnight Sons to pop up in these 4 upcoming Netflix shows sometime)

I would piss myself in ecstasy.
  • so it's always possible for them and the rest of the Midnight Sons to pop up in these 4 upcoming Netflix shows sometime)

I would piss myself in ecstasy.
    I'm not holding my breath for that one. I thought the new Flash series had a chance of not being garbage and it turns out they hired a team of **** monkeys to write the script.
  • I wouldn't say no to Ghost Rider, but it's a definite no to Nicolas Cage. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • On the top of my list for most wanted characters for mpq
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rico Dredd wrote:
    I wouldn't say no to Ghost Rider, but it's a definite no to Nicolas Cage. icon_mrgreen.gif

A Nicholas Cage character would be awesome. The BeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    Rico Dredd wrote:
    I wouldn't say no to Ghost Rider, but it's a definite no to Nicolas Cage. icon_mrgreen.gif

A Nicholas Cage character would be awesome. The BeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skirllex-bee-gif.gif
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    I thought the new Flash series had a chance of not being garbage and it turns out they hired a team of **** monkeys to write the script.

I beg to differ, sir! The character of Flash feels a lot like Wally West inhabiting Bary Allen's origin, but the show itself is a lot of fun. I think the movie version of Flash with pale by comparison. One series I found kinda hackneyed was Constantine. I gave it 3 episodes and it just didn't win me over.

Back to the topic of Ghost Rider... one of the most visually impressive characters of all time - and I'm talking the Danny Ketch incarnation - he sorely needs to be added to MPQ.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sadly, I think it's most likely that he'll be included in the game sometime around the next Halloween. Without a film, or TV series, it's less likely he'll get a push early.

That said, Squirrel Girl just appeared... Unless she's in Age of Ultron... Something to think about...
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With the recent addition of Cyclops, I'd be weary of them announcing Ghost Rider any time soon.
    Judging from Cyclops' costume they used, we wouldn't be getting Blaze, but Robbie Reyes instead for Ghost Rider. Although. I haven't read the newest Ghost Rider, I'd rather have Danny Ketch over him if they're not going to give us Blaze.
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Options
    With the recent addition of Cyclops, I'd be weary of them announcing Ghost Rider any time soon.
    Judging from Cyclops' costume they used, we wouldn't be getting Blaze, but Robbie Reyes instead for Ghost Rider. Although. I haven't read the newest Ghost Rider, I'd rather have Danny Ketch over him if they're not going to give us Blaze.

Even with the new GR series, you HAVE to go with the Ketch look. It's too iconic. Even the more recent Johnny Blaze stories have him looking like the Ketch GR minus the 90's bike.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd totally prefer a Danny Ketch Ghost Rider...but hey...just give us a burning skull!