how do shields work?

Options
jimstarooney
jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
how do shields work?yesterday i got to 650 and left myself unshielded and seemed to get attacked every 5 mins.today i climbed to 750 and put a 12 hr shield on and have been attacked a handful of times,winning one for a few measly points.i have left the same guys on as i did yesterday and im pretty sure if i was unshielded i would have been attacked a lot more.

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shields prevent people that did not already have you queued in their nodes from queueing you while the shield is up. If someone did have your queued and attacked you and won, you wouldn't lose any points from your score.

So yes, without a shield you'll likely be hit more because other people can find you.
  • jimstarooney
    Options
    cheers man,that explains why sometimes i get hit in 1st few minutes of shielding too.i thought it was a glitch.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll add one more thing about shields. Once you've shielded, check your points and position. This causes a refresh on the server, so your shielded status is updated straightaway instead of being in a queue during which time you're still able to lose points.
  • jimstarooney
    Options
    thanks mate thats a great tip