Webslinger - Feb 9 - 11 - Season XI

Options
2»

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dtrpath3 wrote:
    When I see a guy with a fully covered Luke cage at 166 in my bracket, is that even possible at this point without spending massive amounts of money? He's been out for a month.
    Define massive amounts of money. There are players with hordes of 1 million+ ISO and tens of thousands of HP that can max any character on release. Some spend a couple hundred a month on the game, others thousands. It's all relative, but yes it's possible.
  • dtrpath3 wrote:
    When I see a guy with a fully covered Luke cage at 166 in my bracket, is that even possible at this point without spending massive amounts of money? He's been out for a month.

Mine is at 10 covers, and I haven't gotten every available cover for him. It's definitely possible, though it might take a little luck.
  • JamieMadrox
    Options
    FR3L4NCER wrote:
    Slice 5 is ferocious right now. Jamie Madrox #yohb?
    Yeah it's a tight race for 5th. Glad I'm not running that race.
  • Yeah i pulled into 2nd place, but i doubt it'll stick. Trying to keep top 5 as best i can. The Xmen are providing me with good targets.
  • Whatever slice ends at 1pm est is brutal.

Once I hit 500 pts (ranked 140th) I run into maxed 166/270 XForce teams.

Not even going to bother trying to get i the top 100.
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Whatever slice ends at 1pm est is brutal.

Once I hit 500 pts (ranked 140th) I run into maxed 166/270 XForce teams.

Not even going to bother trying to get i the top 100.

I found this one especially brutal as well. Maybe because there's no PVE going on right now (I figure people have either finished the Gauntlet or got as far as they are going to get.)

It doesn't help that Spiderman fights can take a long time (animations, stuns, defense tiles) if you don't have the right team for him. Sneaking up the ranks is hard when you're exposed for that long.
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There were way too many 200-300 level teams keeping top 100 very unapproachable for me. Without more options to get the 4* without $ I might be wrapping up my time in the game. To date I think I've have spent under $10, and I was an early beta player(Sadly, I threw away hood then, not knowing how critical it would be)
  • I'm really surprised this one was as competitive as it was, considering Sentry's lesser utility. Ended up giving up on top 100, though I probably could have eked it out if I spent the last 2 hours of grinding.
  • FR3L4NCER wrote:

Not running? Lol you're running away with it. Helluva score though. I'm floating around just below you with 1303. I think i jave 2nd place in the bag.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    Competitive slices you say?

I finished in 30th place with 1002 points in Slice 2. I was the lowest one over 1k.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love slice 2. My measly 865 points is so far good enough for #40!! Glad I'm not looking to get top 25.
    Ludaa wrote:
    Competitive slices you say?

I finished in 30th place with 1002 points in Slice 2. I was the lowest one over 1k.

HeWantsRevenge, I see your 40th place with 865 in slice 2, and raise you with my 15th place with 642 in slice 3. Looks like joining time or bracket sharding didn't help you out Ludaa. That is rough.
  • JamieMadrox
    Options
    FR3L4NCER wrote:
    FR3L4NCER wrote:

Not running? Lol you're running away with it. Helluva score though. I'm floating around just below you with 1303. I think i jave 2nd place in the bag.
    Yeah I'm so far out in front of that race; I'm running a different race. Those guys in the 3-10 range are all pretty close together. Two good hops and the whole leaderboard changes.

You can Q me up any time you want as long as you stop sniping me. The more points I make, the more you make. icon_e_wink.gif
  • I think i joined the lucky slice. Im in 7th place with 560 pts. 1st is at 675 and i end in 30 mins. I joined 7 hrs after event posted.
  • I'll be sure to watch out for you. I didnt snipe you once this bracket. I totally agree with scoring alot of points that way though. Well on to the next battle.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did this event end early for anyone else? I coulda sworn I'd set the end time for either 6am or 3am. And here I am at 11:37pm and it's over.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe I'd set to 6pm by accident.