Upgrade Your Base

Options
I think some sort of ability to upgrade your SHIELD headquarters would be a fun addition.

This could be a system where you can upgrade your base with ISO or HP or both, in exchange for small permanent advantages. There could be different tiers of these upgrade paths, for example, tier 1 gives +1%, tier 2 gives +2% to dmg delt in game, tier 1 gives +5%, tier 2 gives +10% etc ISO received etc. These tiers can be linked to the number of character slots the player has unlocked, each 10 slots unlocks the next tier of upgrade paths etc.

Obviously these upgrades will progressively become more expensive, tier 1 might go for 3k ISO and 50 HP while a tier 5 upgrade will cost say 40k ISO and 700 HP. Please don't make the upgrade costs unattainable for free players, but rather something viable for everyone to be able to progress towards, while people do have the option to speed things up if they pay for it.

Players will become invested in their base and not just their individual characters.

Basically in conjunction with my other suggestions (PvE Dailies and SHIELD rewards resetting weekly) and a few other suggestions, I want this game to reward the player more while providing more ways for them to spend those rewards. Players should never feel like there's really any down time, if you happen to be free for 2 hours but lightning rounds are not on and the event ends over 2 days away, there should still be something to do and progress towards.

Comments

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That would be cool - as I love both player housing and account upgrades in general in other games - though I don't think bonuses like "+ damage dealt" should be available, to push players beyond what 3 boosts can achieve currently.

Base Upgrade Ideas!

Target Lock generators
    What are they, functionally: Each generates 1 Target Lock daily (if fewer than 10 at 00:01) - ISO purchasable ones only, not super ones e.g. +150% vs H.A.M.M.E.R.
    What are they, conceptually: These are generic or non-combatant characters who support your super-team.
    How are they obtained: They can be found randomly in Standard Covers (only) or unlocked using HP (costs vary) - excess covers sell for 100 ISO.
    List (from cheapest to most expensive):
    * Latverian Spy - Generates 1 Doombot Target Lock daily.
    * Maggia Informant - Generates 1 Maggia Target Lock daily.
    * Brotherhood Infiltrator - Generates 1 Brotherhood Target Lock daily.
    * S.H.I.E.L.D. Loyalist - Generates 1 H.A.M.M.E.R. Target Lock daily.
    * D.A.N.G.E.R. - Generates 1 X-Men Target Lock daily.
    * Kavita Rao - Generates 1 Mutant Target Lock daily.
    * Mariah Hill - Generates 1 Avengers Target Lock daily (in the sense S.H.I.E.L.D. track them all).
    * Victoria Hand - Generates 1 Dark Avengers Target Lock daily.

Health Pack upgrade - Med Bay
    What is it, functionally: Increases your Health Pack capacity to 6 (you will recover Health Packs when fewer than 6).
    What is it, conceptually: A med bay!
    How is it obtained: Unlocked with 500 HP, perhaps also as a tournament prize.

ISO generators
    What are they, functionally: So long as you have any ISO generators you receive an amount of ISO daily (00:01) - multiple generators increases the single amount as per the chart below.
    What are they, conceptually: These represent a whole range of things.
    How are they obtained: Methods vary - I was reluctant to just have them cost HP, because the real-money to ISO rate is so shockingly bad it would hamstring this line of upgrades.
    List (w/ method of obtaining):
    * ISO node - Pay 500 ISO.
    * ISO mother node - Pay 5,000 ISO.
    * Clean Up Crew - Find randomly as a Standard Cover.
    * Agent Colson (or another agent if he is not comic book property) - Pay 100 HP.
    * ISO Metrics - Level a common character to 50.
    * Advanced ISO Metrics - Level an uncommon character to 85.
    * ISO Supply Lockdown - Earn 100% of the rewards from prologue missions.
    Generator progression:
    > 1 Generator = 20 ISO daily.
    > 2 Generators = 70 ISO daily.
    > 3 Generators = 100 ISO daily.
    > 4 Generators = 140 ISO daily.
    > 5 Generators = 250 ISO daily.
    > 6 Generators = 500 ISO daily.
    > 7 Generators = 1000 ISO daily.

PvE mission alerts
    What are they, functionally: Each initiates a randomized stand-alone mission when clicked, and enters a cool-down when completed (win, lose, or if quit from team assembly screen).
    What are they, conceptually: These are bread-and-butter super team exploits.
    How are they obtained: Varies.
    Examples:
    * Police Scanner - Complete 100% of the prologue missions.
    -> Only 1* characters may be used.
    -> Opponents are 3 level 35 henchmen (set permutations).
    -> Rewards: 70 ISO, 100 ISO, 140 ISO, Standard Cover.
    -> Cool-down: 5 Minutes.
    * Breaking News! - Find randomly as a Standard Cover or pay 100 HP.
    -> Only characters up to 2* may be used.
    -> Opponents are 2 level 65 henchmen and a super-villain (set permutations).
    -> Rewards: 100 ISO, 140 ISO, 250 ISO, Standard Cover.
    -> Cool-down: 15 Minutes.
    * Bank Heist - Find randomly as a Standard Cover or pay 100 HP.
    -> Only super-villains up to 2* may be used.
    -> Opponents are 3 level 65 super-heroes (set permutations).
    -> Rewards: 100 ISO, 140 ISO, 250 ISO, 25 HP.
    -> Cool-down: 15 Minutes.
    * ISO-8 Scanner - Pay 5,000 ISO.
    -> Any character may be used.
    -> Opponents are 3 level 100 super-villains/heroes (set permutations).
    -> Rewards: 250 ISO, 500 ISO, Standard Cover, Health Pack.
    -> Cool-down: 30 Minutes.
    Additional idea: It would be nice to have 'commemorative' ones also, given out when receiving final rewards for a PvE event e.g. the Hulk event could have given a Hulk Tracker that initiates a 3-vs-1 Hulk match once per day.

I'll probably return to bore more later! icon_e_geek.gif
  • Allow to pay with covers at more value you'd get for selling them. That would cover for some pain getting the 45th volverine** from the gold token. Could even accept tokens as payment.
  • Those are all great ideas TheVulture, you must of put a bit of effort into working out all those details.

Yeah I think a way to invest in some account wide upgrades would add a bit of variety and longevity into the game. They can add new upgrades and make adjustments from this feature easily enough, and can get quite creative with it.

Hopefully they adopt some of these ideas, it'll be fun.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    It would be a horrible idea, because then the game would be balanced around having these things.

In other words, you would gain NO benefit, people who didn't have it maxed would LOSE what they have now, and it would be a time and money sink.
  • wirius wrote:
    In other words, you would gain NO benefit, people who didn't have it maxed would LOSE what they have now, and it would be a time and money sink.

If you can pay with mostly useless stuff dropping from the game (excess covers, gray tokens), it will not be a money sink -- just a way to vent off the garbage, and see something growing. It would fit the setup too. The benefits need not be too high -- and taking account of the current attacker advantages are hardly noticable anyway in the majority of cases.
  • Sounds like a really awesome idea. If it was me I would probably tweak it slightly to something like this.

Everything can go to rank 10. Each rank gives 1% additional benefit

Health regeneration for front character per round (may be a little OP in Pve but AI could still receive benefits in pvp, Pve enemies could be adjusted)

Attack bonus
    Damage reduction
    ISO gained

You could even get really extensive and copy the boosts we already have but all as permanent. But that's a little much.

Pricing I would do like:
    Levels 1-5 - 1000 ISO each
    Lvl 6 - 1000 hp
    Lvl 7-10 1000 ISO

If the 1000 ISO was at 10 then everyone would just upgrade to 9. 1000 ISO isn't so expensive that it's unattainable but not so easy that everyone can just unlock everything really fast. I'm sure the game team would make a ton of $$$ this way and could be an awesome feature.

Props to the OP.
  • TheVulture, your ideas are awesome. Really well thought out!
  • Just 1 thing I noticed. Why would someone pay 100hp for a bank heist when they best reward is 25hp. I think a 120 ISO /250iso / standard token / 200hp at equal 25% chance would be more appropriate.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just 1 thing I noticed. Why would someone pay 100hp for a bank heist when they best reward is 25hp. I think a 120 ISO /250iso / standard token / 200hp at equal 25% chance would be more appropriate.

The 100 HP was a one-off fee to unlock the mission (which is on a cool-down), not per heist. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TheVulture wrote:
    Just 1 thing I noticed. Why would someone pay 100hp for a bank heist when they best reward is 25hp. I think a 120 ISO /250iso / standard token / 200hp at equal 25% chance would be more appropriate.

The 100 HP was a one-off fee to unlock the mission (which is on a cool-down), not per heist. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Oh I see. That makes a lot more sense now. Haha
  • Love the idea and suggestions. I think you can possibly put in something for defense. Small minor boosts for when you are attacked. Maybe a lounge where you can play alternative match-3 minigames like what you find in other PQ's. I don't know if it would be rewarded or not. Maybe you could make bets for ISO or HP. You could probably limit that to only so many times a day to keep it from being exploited. Also, a laboratory where improved ISO research lets you collect 1 to 5% more ISO. Again, I think it would be a minigame you can play once a day to get a 24 hour increase in ISO collection. Not counting bought ISO of course.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    TheVulture wrote:

Target Lock generators

Health Pack upgrade - Med Bay

ISO generators

PvE mission alerts

Love it !! icon_e_surprised.gif

I think the cool-down for PvE missions must be 24 hours to avoid the other upgrades being phased out. One price a day without the scary Iso-20 and when you get all the prices in 4 days at minimum the mission resets.

Also I´ll love to see a boost generator like those from you based on Infinity Gems, swapping the orange ( time ? ) for a black one. They could be obtained every weekend in a Thanos tournament with Loki and Iron Man as boosted characters, maybe Thor and Hood.

1st spot: win the six gems + ISO, no HP
    2-5: 3 random gems + ISO
    6-15: 2 random gems + ISO
    16-45: 1 random gem +ISO

The remaining rankings could be ISO like in Lightning Rounds and even heroic or special token for the boosted characters. If you dont want the gem or if you already have it, could be sold for 25 HP. If you keep it, will go to your "Base".

Green Gem + Black Gem : collect daily +1 stockpile and + 1 damage boost for those colors
    Purple Gem + Blue Gem : collect daily +1 stockpile and + 1 damage boost for those colors
    Red Gem + Yellow Gem : collect daily +1 stockpile and + 1 damage boost for those colors
    All gems : unleash the Infinity Gauntlet and collect daily +1 stockpile and +1 damage boost for all colours, plus the previous +1 for every pair of colors

Yeah, Thanos isnt Dark Reign related, but whatever icon_razz.gif
  • My suggestion is somewhat related but maybe a tiered system of Shield ongoing tournaments? So 1*s all fight against each other and so on. I think that would be advantageous for all involved.
  • Merged from separate topic

I long for the days of the original PQ where there were alternate goals not driven by the quests (with the current equivalent being the tourney du jour). One of the things that added dimensions to the original game was the castle that you got to upgrade, with each upgrade bringing with it other combat types / objectives. I'd propose bringing that same mechanic to MPQ. The obvious equivalent is giving your stable of heroes a place to call home.

Headquarters
    First, there needs to be progression here. The base headquarters could just be some apartment with a couch, located above a gym or something. Players could upgrade it for additional benefits and eventually expand it by conquering/buying/building additional locations (such as Stark Tower, the Daily Bugle, etc.). Each addition could unlock other mini-games (such as timed fights, crafting or whatever). Or it could give random things such as a small amount of resources, boosts, or improved healing. Nothing over-powered but it gives another dimension to the game. It could also provide "space" for your heroes, so instead of expanding your roster, you'd simply find more space for a hero to live. It would be an interesting PVE alternative that instead of going for a character directly, the reward could be that you acquire some building and the hero just sort of "tags along" with it (i.e. each round of the tourney gives you another part of the location and rewards you with an add-on for your HQ and a cover for that hero).

Avenger's Mansion or Baxter Building
    Building/expanding these locations could expand your available roster slots. Other well-known locations in the Marvel universe could act as further upgrades for your roster (so you're not constantly upgrading a single building).

Tony Stark's Garage: Vehicles
    Another benefit of the Headquarters could be that you get Tony Stark's garage (or the hanger under the X-Men school - whatever). This would give you access to different vehicles. The exact effect of vehicles could just be trophies for your achievements, they could provide flavor for combat, or even provide a special ability or have a passive ability that shows up on the action bar (similar to how environments work).

Bruce Banner's Research Lab
    The equivalent of crafting for MPQ. It would be nice to be able to research extra benefits. Improved healing time, vehicle add-ons, improved ISO effectiveness (increased combat rewards). It could be something similar to how crafting worked in the original PQ. You play a special map, 4 of a kind's yields research beakers, and you need to match so many beakers to research an idea. Some sample ideas could be:
    • ISO effectiveness: Each rank (up to 5) increases the ISO booby prize by 2 ISO (so you'd be getting 22 ISO per match instead of 20, up to a maximum of 30)
    • Mutant Healing: Each rank (up to 5) increases out of combat healing by 1%

This is just a list of sample ideas that an HQ could be the base for, allowing for a depth of dimension that earlier incarnations of the PQ franchise had, while also providing many more opportunities for pay-points, alternative game mechanics/objectives, and deepen the flavor of the game by enriching it's connections to the Marvel universe.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'd allow players to go a step further and choose to upgrade a SHIELD Base or a Villainous Hideout. Let players change/upgrade a base/hideout location, to a jungle volcano, an arctic cavern, ancient castle, or possibly the freakin' Moon! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    A headquarters for your alliance would be flavorful and neat. Upgrades could be expensive but purchased collectively, and advantages would need to be slight so that they didn't bone the 5 man alliances even further.

But this kind of horizontal expansion would add a nice bit of flash to the game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    A 'trophy case' of some sort would be great. It would be another incentive to finish first in my bracket besides just a 4 star cover.
  • mordennight2
    Options
    I think this is a neat idea. Personally though I think this base should be shared among an alliance only and the advantages of it should only apply to missions where the alliance is involved. I think that would make it pretty fair. Plus it would give you one more reason to be in and support an alliance. Especially if everyone in the alliance could chip in towards those upgrades. Maybe there could even be base covers that you could get. Ones that affect damage, ones that affect health, ones that affect healing post-win. There's all kinds of potential for it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ignoring the fact that building everything would have to cost HP, I could see them implementing tons of this stuff as money generators. Or maybe building it could take ISO, with upgrades taking HP.

Med bay:
    Increases the healing speed of a single character while they're in the bay. Eg, Healing speed + 5%
    Upgrades:
    - Healing speed +5%
    - Add additional healing slot (would probably cost tons of hp)
    - Increase Health pack storage

Iso generators: While this is interesting, it might take away from the effect of daily rewards.
    Could also have boost generators.

Hero achievements: Shield recognizes your efforts in specific areas by rewarding you with iso or hp!

Trophy case - win tracker. Keeps track of your placement in previous tourneys.
    Honestly, I could even see them adding virtual 3d models of characters as a trophy item if there was money in it.

I also don't agree with additional %dmg or additional hit points unless it was some sort of limited boost.