Either bring back a lower refresh time (4 hour) or STOP THE

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,393 Chairperson of the Boards
Ai from going up levels.

I log into stage 2 at 2am this morning and knowing i would not be home i played each nod twice to push me to 16 hour. I want till around 5pm (1 hour before refresh and play again) I just logged in to my account and have 5 hours before the refresh but the FINAL STAGE Went from 120 goons to level 360 goons

the final 3 stages went from between 90 to 360

3rd went from 90 to 150
2nd went from 110 to 220
and
like i said about the final stage went insane.

starting to think if your not going to be home and miss the 8 hour refresh you might as well grind them down to 1 the first timeyou play them or you will jump to INSANE if you play the nod just twice.

Went from NORMAL TO INSANE for just playing the nod twice

Comments

• same here. i played a few nodes up to the yellow...10lvl above me (104). cleared it once, barely. unboosted. Cleared all the other nodes to 5times and when i came back after i went to bed, the yellow node turned red and were at 160 **** ! seriously?
  • I'm a little confused as to what issue you're pushing for here.

Is it the scaling? If so, this would probably be more negatively affected by lower refresh times.

Also, this proportionately rewards risk vs reward. If you clear the nodes multiple times when the nodes are easier and low level, you get less points then if you do it when they're harder.

If you get a better PVE team you'll take 0 damage when fighting goons (98% of the time), and level only determines the length of the battle, not the difficulty.
  • slidecage
    daibar wrote:
    I'm a little confused as to what issue you're pushing for here.

Is it the scaling? If so, this would probably be more negatively affected by lower refresh times.

Also, this proportionately rewards risk vs reward. If you clear the nodes multiple times when the nodes are easier and low level, you get less points then if you do it when they're harder.

If you get a better PVE team you'll take 0 damage when fighting goons (98% of the time), and level only determines the length of the battle, not the difficulty.

i played the nods twice when i left the goons on the final stage was like 120, i come back 10 hours later and the goons are now 300+ never had this problem with 3 hour refresh

i have a good PVE team. Any PVE dont help when a goon can hit you for 3K+ damage and the only way to stop it if you get luck and can pull down the right stones
  • slidecage
    daibar wrote:
    I'm a little confused as to what issue you're pushing for here.

i played the nods twice when i left the goons on the final stage was like 120, i come back 10 hours later and the goons are now 300+ never had this problem with 3 hour refresh

i have a good PVE team. Any PVE dont help when a goon can hit you for 3K+ damage and the only way to stop it if you get luck and can pull down the right stones
  • I think this issue was address in a different scaling post. for PVE the nodes are governed by the local and global system. as part of the global system the more people win against a particular node the node increases in levels, and like wise for losing against it it goes down in level. In theory should it should balance, in practice it makes monsters at the end of an event( likely due to people boosting to counter) as everyone grinds it into oblivion.I think it is more of a problem with 8 hour refreshers as it forces people to be more synchronized with each other then they were with 3 hours refreshers.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:

I know it is frustrating, even infuriating at times, but if you have a solid PVE team, you shouldn't have to worry about that. I never worry about their nodes when using a combination of star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_falcon.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.png

Cap does most of the damage with his red, and then I just pick of the timers one at a time. Another alternative I use is to replace OBW with Patch, for his healing ability, and use him as a damage sponge if any countdown timers do get through.
  • What PVE team do you have?
    Personally I use icon_captainamerica.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_storm.png and only sometimes have trouble with the odd sniper node if I don't boost.