Problem with MMR

Options
Rye555
Rye555 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
edited January 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
A few months ago when I just started the game I began to grind for useless rewards. What I didn't realize is that I was raising my MMR aka match making rating. Whoever has the same MMR as me can attack me and I can attack them. Good? NOPE My only choices are peeps 50+ levels compared to my roster. Every 5 skips is the same person with the same rost. Please fix this as I can't participate in PVP like this.In the comments post some of your experiences with MMR hell and what d3p should do about it.

Comments

• There is one solution. Get gang b@nged.

I'm serious. Intentionally lose to your opponents with a weak team. This will cause your MMR to drop, though not much, it will eventually make the game progressable.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    The second round of the Ares tournament suggests that significant changes have been made to matchmaking. Many of us are finding that we're getting very easy teams to start, then as our rating climbs we get harder and harder teams.

It's a bit early to tell if the changes are working but MMR hell may soon be a thing of the past (knock on wood).
  • The second round of the Ares tournament suggests that significant changes have been made to matchmaking. Many of us are finding that we're getting very easy teams to start, then as our rating climbs we get harder and harder teams.

It's a bit early to tell if the changes are working but MMR hell may soon be a thing of the past (knock on wood).

Maybe for you. I see the same 6 teams from 700 up to 1300. Literally no change in teams. And I get knocked down by hundreds of points within hours.

The matchmaking in the second Ares round is worse because now I can be drained for 50 points from EVERYBODY and not just people near me.
  • jozier wrote:
    The second round of the Ares tournament suggests that significant changes have been made to matchmaking. Many of us are finding that we're getting very easy teams to start, then as our rating climbs we get harder and harder teams.

Maybe for you. I see the same 6 teams from 700 up to 1300. Literally no change in teams. And I get knocked down by hundreds of points within hours.

The matchmaking in the second Ares round is worse because now I can be drained for 50 points from EVERYBODY and not just people near me.
    To be fair, I think he meant the sub-700 range. Also, iirc you started day 1? With the increased price of shields, it may have been people's reluctance to play early rather than MMR.
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jozier wrote:

To be fair, I think he meant the sub-700 range. Also, iirc you started day 1? With the increased price of shields, it may have been people's reluctance to play early rather than MMR.

Been playing since Day 1 of round 2 of Rage and Ruin. Was caught in MMR Hell at ~400 and again at ~700. The first time wasn't too bad because i was relatively low but the second time I am stuck with the same 6-8 <15pt choices and I'm getting popped for 30pt losses in about 15 minutes I slid back to ~550 plus to retaliate I could've received a grand total of 3 points.

I am not against the proposed changes but only if they fix matchmaking so MMR hell is a thing of the past. As of right now today it still exists.
  • I just climbed from 743 to 1203. I have had, no exaggeration again, the same 10 possible teams. Half below me, half above. I now have the second highest point total out of that pool of enemies. But no change in opponents.

So now, my ONLY option is to fight one person that's higher, or fight someone lower and give them a juicy retaliation. That's broken.
  • I have been skipping the same 6 people for 20 minutes.

Flash12385
    thereck
    RhinoD
    walkyourpath
    codhimself
    Fangel

I finally start getting different opponents
  • I am seeing half the names on that list also, including you Bugpop , 4 people! I feel like a **** hitting them over and over.
  • Bucky76 wrote:
    I am seeing half the names on that list also, including you Bugpop , 4 people! I feel like a **** hitting them over and over.

There have been a handful of players who sense when I'm on. I recognize your name but I haven't had problems with you
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Bucky76 wrote:
    I am seeing half the names on that list also, including you Bugpop , 4 people! I feel like a **** hitting them over and over.

There have been a handful of players who sense when I'm on. I recognize your name but I haven't had problems with you

We're in the same MMR. I was seeing those exact same people. I hit you a couple times but you appeared to be shielded.
  • I have different problem
    Climbed to 1100, something happen and i can only mach with low lvl players for zero point. It gives me quicky iso but how long you can grind without progresing in rank.....it gets borring.
  • Awesome, every fight I leave, I'm down -50 points to the same person. Over and over. That's at least 8 fights now.

Great job D3!
  • jozier wrote:
    Awesome, every fight I leave, I'm down -50 points to the same person. Over and over. That's at least 8 fights now.

Great job D3!

Please be honest with me. What do you think our chances of getting this message through to the devs will work?
    "WE DON'T WANT THE CURRENT PVP CHANGES!"

Be honest with me. Do we actually have a chance of making them listen and getting them to revert the changes?
  • mechgouki wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Awesome, every fight I leave, I'm down -50 points to the same person. Over and over. That's at least 8 fights now.

Great job D3!

Please be honest with me. What do you think our chances of getting this message through to the devs will work?
    "WE DON'T WANT THE CURRENT PVP CHANGES!"

Be honest with me. Do we actually have a chance of making them listen and getting them to revert the changes?

I want this changes (sarcasm). You will get more iso for fight - so great (sarcasm). I just fight in one match for 20 points - I am in MMR hell - and jump from 1049 to 975 but I don't like rewange so don't fight for those juicy 3 point in retaliation. In future I will have to pay for skipping but this would be small amount of iso - I bet 20. Then fight one more and jump from 975 to 880. Sweet (sarcasm).
  • i was playing fine up to 1200pts and then suddenly i keep getting matched to people between 0-500pts who all give me 0 pts
  • L45TN7 wrote:
    i was playing fine up to 1200pts and then suddenly i keep getting matched to people between 0-500pts who all give me 0 pts
    Happen to me now..
    Everyone is low level below 30 with 0 points..
    Dont even know what to do now with the top person in my ladder having 2k while i am stucked at 1.2k now..
  • Rye555
    Rye555 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:
    There is one solution. Get gang b@nged.

I'm serious. Intentionally lose to your opponents with a weak team. This will cause your MMR to drop, though not much, it will eventually make the game progressable.

That's exactly what I did mech, I threw in my low level punisher, rag, and ares and just sat back. I lost 200 points but gained back 400, not fun at all as I had to wait to lose to win.
  • I got caught in MMR hell too at 1200.

I literally cycled the same 8 people with Skip.

So much for the varied opponents the devs promised.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    I got caught in MMR hell too at 1200.

I literally cycled the same 8 people with Skip.

So much for the varied opponents the devs promised.

Im not sure what is better: get the same opponent over and over - but at least get few points every fight; or geting low level oponents who give me zero points.

Both happen to me - every tournament at least two or three times. Then suddenly is back to normal.....fix it please.