idea for gifting via Facebook friends.

Im sure alot of us are friends on Facebook here. The forums a good place to meet friends, but Facebook is much easier with all the good MPQ groups. The reason for posting this thread is for the devs to possibly help us out.

There are certain situations where I'll be climbing PvP or even just playing missions in PvE and i will get a bombardment of gifts from my FB pals playing MPQ. Its a very cool feature (who doesnt like free gifts). My complaint is at times it can disrupt game play and can be a bit annoying, especially having lots of friends sending at one time.

There have been times where I'm mid climb trying to grab that 1k reward in PvP where i will get slammed with 5 - 10 rewards from friends and i cant press the shield button. I have taken multiple hits from this happening. Its not my FB friends fault, but there has to be some kind of new UI to control the way gifts are given.

The idea i have is to create a mail box or some sort of collection area that holds these treats until you are ready to view them. Maybe a something on the main screen where you choose your missions. Place it by the Alliance Icon. Or even add it in with the daily rewards button. To see if new rewards have been sent, there should be a little exclamation similar to the alliance icon when someone has posted in game chat.

If anyone has opinions or suggestions to add, please feel free to discuss.

FR3L4NCER out...

Comments

• problem w/ facebook stuff is it's a complete pittance. Look at any MMO's guild system...we could use something similar.
  • Its completely random, but at times it seems to pop up at a bad moment. I feel like there needs to be a non distracting way of receiving them.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    A non-distracting way to send them would also be helpful. At minimum, a way that allows me to finish a battle and shield prior to being hindered with receipt and the option to give gifts.

an INBOX concept would be nice. Virtually all your rewards could route there. You could even have PVP and PVE prizes go there instead of dropping right away. (These are other alert type interactions that can happen at inopportune moments in PVP.)

Would messages have a fixed expiration? Similar to untrained covers? Or could messages be held there for a longer window of time? (Wondering if this could replace the countdown timer on covers in the roster area... you just don't "Accept" the gift or prize until you are ready to train or sell it.)
  • maybe share rewards greater then 250 iso, or 1* character to 10 people that don't play games. I want to share that feature character i just pulled in an event token or the new hero i placed high enough to get. Or the 50 HP in deadpool event/daily reward or the 1000 iso I beat for clearing the last simulator level.
  • I very much like the "MAIL" icon idea. Click on it, and receive all gifts when you're ready to. With an expiration of course. Don't collect it within 12hours.. they expire. If you're not playing this game at least once a day, you're not really helping your FB friends anyway.
  • Baddkitty wrote:
    I very much like the "MAIL" icon idea. Click on it, and receive all gifts when you're ready to. With an expiration of course. Don't collect it within 12hours.. they expire. If you're not playing this game at least once a day, you're not really helping your FB friends anyway.
    the 12 hour expiration timer seems a bit much 3 days maybe( infinite to 12 hours is a big change especially for some causal gaming friends in my alliance) like the mail icon