Proposal: Increase the Power Cap limit to 15.

Options
TLDR:

By increasing the Power Cap limit to 15, players will no longer have to worry about screwing up their 3-color characters. Players will also have to earn more covers, and are thus more likely to spend money. This will result in a win-win situation for players and developers.

With the power cap limit increased, a respec system will no longer be necessary. It is very simple to implement as well.

This change will not have any negative impact, and will ultimately benefit everyone.

----

I refer to this topic, as well as a few that I have made on my own.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2307

For the longest time running, people have been requesting for a respec system. This is because for 3-color characters, they are only able to reach 13 of their 15 power limits. With this restriction in place, it is possible for players to screw up their characters, unable to max the level of a key power necessary for the character.

To make matters worse, there is no way to undo this, and a new character must be built from scratch.

My proposal to all these problems is simple. We do away with the current 13 power limit, and make every character able to hit Level 5 in every power. That way, we will never have to worry about screw ups again, EVER!

This change is also extremely easy to implement. Probably 2 lines of code at the most.

In addition, during the transition from 20 covers to 5 covers, some characters actually hit 14 powers. So going above 13 powers isn't exactly that sacrilegious.

Furthermore, THERE IS NO REASON WHY THE POWER CAP SHOULD BE AT 13, OTHER THAN AN INTENTIONAL IMPOSED RESTRICTION THAT WAS NOT LOGICAL FROM THE BEGINNING.

Why should the power cap be at 13? What purpose does it serve? From the point of view from the developer, if you want people to purchase more covers, shouldn't the limit be increased instead?

From the way I see, implementing a change like this will only benefit people, and it has no negative impact.

Thus, I implore to the developers to implement this change. Increase the Power Cap limit to 15 for 3 color characters.

Now, I understand that some people will probably be against this. I have come up with a few counter-arguments on the points that people might raise.

Counter Arguments:

Having a 13-power limit will make people plan their build. People will end up with their own customizations for the characters. Characters should be diverse, with many different possible builds.

Then why does it not apply to 2-color characters? How many different ways can you build your 2-color characters?

Different builds can be achieved, BY OUR TEAMS. 32 characters to choose from, our team and our play style is that build we use. You need to remember, ultimately, this is NOT an MMORPG. You are NOT using a single character and stuck with him for the rest of your life. You are using a large roster, you are using a team.

In addition, those games with character building and customization all have something in common, which this game does not: a respec option. An option to undo or to change the build that you have made.

Having a 13-power limit will make people plan their build indeed. But it will also make people want to tear their hair out when they realized that they have just made a fatal mistake that they cannot undo.

If you are not that person, good for you. But you need to remember that the rest of us are actually human, and we actually do make mistakes over the course of our lives. It is possible for us to make a mistake over the building of these characters, and it will be an extremely costly one that we cannot easily rectify.

Having 3-color characters reach 15 power limit will make them even more unbalanced compared to 2-color characters.

A 3-color character indeed has more advantage in having more available skills, as well as a higher level cap than a 2-color character of the same rarity. But that does not automatically make him better. Case in point, Bagman VS Daken.

Secondly, they were already unbalanced all the way from step 1. Level 40 cap characters versus Level 230 cap characters. You want total balance? Make all characters of all rarities have the same fixed level cap, and make all of them have 3-colors. That's as close as you can get to pure balance.

In addition, there are no characters that will transition from normal to over-powered, just because the cap was raised from 13 to 15. The only way that could be possible, is if the build was **** in the first place.

Let's take a look at a few examples. Raising a Thor from 5/5/3 to 5/5/5 will not make him any more OP than he already is. Raising a Hulk from 5/3/5 or 3/5/5 to 5/5/5 will not make a game-ending change.

Matter of fact, raising the limit from 13 to 15 will not break anything in the game. No character will become overpowered this way. The only 2 exceptions that I can think of are Spider-man and Magneto, but both of them were OP to begin with, and they will be nerfed very soon.

Ultimately, this is not a change that will break the game, and throw the roster out of balance. This is a change intended to make sure that your build does not become a permanent fatal error.

This change will be difficult to implement.

This change is much easier to implement than a respec function. WAY WAY EASIER. I can count probably 2 lines of codes they need to change, and it's just the fixed values.

The only way this would be difficult to implement was if the developers intend to do absolutely nothing about the people's request for a respec.

To summarize it all:
Increasing the power cap to 15 is the most logical and viable option. It will benefit everyone.