Playing on multiple devices

mischiefmaker
mischiefmaker Posts: 932
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
If I install the game on a new device and link it to Facebook, it's smart enough to sync my existing account to the new device, right?

I'm guessing it is, but given how late it is in the Hunt I'm nervous about the remote possibility that it'll sync the new account to the servers instead.

Comments

• If I install the game on a new device and link it to Facebook, it's smart enough to sync my existing account to the new device, right?

I'm guessing it is, but given how late it is in the Hunt I'm nervous about the remote possibility that it'll sync the new account to the servers instead.

Link to FB from the original device.

Install on new device.

Hit gear icon on new device before entering prologue and put in FB info.
  • I had the worst time with trying to do this, it completely messed up my fb settings and I'm still dealing with it. :\
  • Thanks Misguided! Worked perfectly for me.
  • Thanks Misguided! Worked perfectly for me.

Cool. Now you can be obsessed in two places at once (not really, just being silly).
  • Man, I have enough trouble keeping up in just one place.
  • Does it get rid of it from the first device, or can I just use both of them?
    Thanks
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Each time you connect from a different device it will ask you if you want to relog in from that device. just hit yes and play.
  • Would this game spam my FB wall?
  • I haven't seen anything on my wall, and requests only go to people who have the game installed. So no spam on your wall or to friends who don't care, which is pretty awesome.
  • NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    My iPhone's out for the count this weekend, so I was trying to load the game on a droid device. It keeps throwing me right into the tutorial without letting me get a chance to click on gear settings. Help?
  • NovaFalcon wrote:
    My iPhone's out for the count this weekend, so I was trying to load the game on a droid device. It keeps throwing me right into the tutorial without letting me get a chance to click on gear settings. Help?

As far as I know, I think you have to complete the tutorial first.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I have been doing this for the last year. Make sure after receiving rewards you force close the app before using the other device. I lost 3 miles morales covers. Gor them back from a support ticket but who knows how many other things i have list over time without realising. It was only something as big as 3 4* covers that got me paying more attention.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I play on iPhone and Kindle. Same account, no problems. There are occasional quirks -- like sold covers will reappear if I switch devices shortly after selling. (There's no dupe of ISO -- it's just as if the sale didn't take place.) Protip: if you want to minimize that, just check your ranking in an event before you close out. That (apparently) polls and updates the servers. (Protip#2: also do that immediately before shielding in PvP.)
This discussion has been closed.