Maybe I just stink

mikebdot
mikebdot Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
Just a general question for why the developers decided to do PVE like this. But if someone loses a match in the hardest matches and have lost out on max points for several hours why the heck does the very first time you play someone get harder over time? That seems really...stupid. There is just no other word for it.

I don't really have the roster to compete with a level 193 the hood and magneto. Or maybe I just suck. Regardless, why several hours later would I want to even fight a level 204 version? I didn't beat them at 193. ****?

Why don't the battles scale with the number of times you have beat the battle rather than time? Or do they scale with both?

And feel free to offer any pointers on beating those characters. It seems like the AI falls into the exact matches they need and I get screwed every time I play them.

Comments

• mikebdot
    mikebdot Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Well, that was easier the third time I guess.

Still don't get why the battles don't stay static the first run through.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's two types of scaling; personal and community.

If the community is clearing a node often, it's level goes up globally. If the community is dying frequently, it's level goes down globally.

Same goes for personal scaling. If you're clearing is frequently, it goes up locally. If you're dying to it often, it goes down locally. The developers have also hinted that the margin of lose and victory affects how drastically it scales.

In theory, they should balance each other out, but in practice, typically, it makes scaling go through the roof, especially at the end of an event (and today is the last day of TaT).
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Have you tried Axe body wash?