Endless Mode

Options
A few other games I have played have this and it's a nice (and easy) diversion for the players to play if they are burned out on the tournaments or they have run out of health packs.

Basically, you start off with easy enemies and each successive level you achieve, the enemies scale in difficulty. Reward tiers at every 10 levels and any damage you incur does not carry over into the 'proper game'. If you die, you fall back to the previous 10 level checkpoint and get to try again.

Comments

• mischiefmaker
    Options
    This would be a cool idea for a tournament too. Progression rewards at every level you defeat; final score is the total number of characters downed with total damage done the tiebreaker. I'd like to see it such that you play the same three characters the whole time, no boosts, and you don't heal between fights (so more like survival mode). Of course, you couldn't do this until after the changes to Spider Man.

It would let people play once or a few times during the day and still be competitive, but still allow grinders to do slightly better by attempting the hard levels multiple times hoping to get lucky. Nice for more casual players or for those who can't devote a block of time.
  • andrewqsmith
    andrewqsmith Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    +1 to this idea. Seems like a great way to keep players on for awhile instead of getting bored quickly when nothing but one PVP is up.
  • I LOVE this idea.

Love it.
  • Absolutely +1. We need a permanent PVE experience, and this one would be a lot of fun.
  • Sounds awesome, randomise the enemies (a selection of hero teams, goons etc) and have static 'Boss' encounters.

MPQ Arcade mode.

I'd play.
  • Sounds cool, I'd definitely try it.
  • Sounds very interesting.
  • No healing powers either except wolvie/daken
  • I don't think it should be taken that far. Healing is a part of the game. It would be like saying "No protect tiles" or "no AOE". It would also make Wolverine/Daken too valuable and everyone would be running "Father-Son picnic" at that point.

Without healing abilities you're trying to turn a 5K marathon into a sprint... but the length of the course is still a 5k marathon. The point of it isn't, or shouldn't be, another Lightning Round.
  • +1

I'd play this.
  • And now that I thought about it a little more, this would be a great way to re-enact something like the alien invasion at the end of the Avengers movie (and/or any number of Kree/Skrull/etc. invasions).