please undo this

pony mad
pony mad Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
edited February 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
since last patch i loaded, a new indicator shows the mana generation of goons every turn. yay, i always needed that (actually nope, not really)... but seriously, it slows every match down, it is not interesting after ive seen it once and i really dont need it to remind me every turn since it has no effect on my gameplay.

while you are at it, there are also some quite useless and slow animations which give me the same feeling of being annoyed, first of all is FLAME JET. I dont need the flamejet-animation as long as the enemy has 0 green mana and it deals 0 damage, but i see it every turn and burn away precious time in a pvp event.

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I'm not seeing this update yet, but I would like to have that information, but maybe in a less obtrusive way.

Also, a more specific subject line would be helpful.
  • llamamancer
    llamamancer Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I agree, effects that happen every turn add a significant amount of time to each battle. Daken/Wolverine healing abilities also fall into this category. I'd much prefer this information to appear on the side somewhere, which does not interfere with us making a move(the board is locked while these effects display). Alternatively, you could give us a toggle switch either in battle or on your settings menu to deactivate or quicken the animations that trigger every turn.
  • icon_evil.gif this new "feature" is so annoying that it has made playing the game almost unbearable. Please remove it.
  • Atros
    Atros Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I don't know if removing the feature is necessary, but it really messes up the flow of the game. My thought would be to move it over the character portraits, rather then over the play field, and let you keep looking/making matches without a delay. If it absolutely MUST be over the play field, it needs to be a lot shorter in duration.
  • mikebdot
    mikebdot Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I agree 100%. Goon matches take at least 5% longer. Let me use my windstorm and finish them already. Holy smokes.

Maybe the first round. But not every round. Or maybe a round where an ability can be used. That might actually be useful for non goon battles. Oh, gee, juggernaut can headbutt me now. That might be useful. If you can't count...really though, sometimes a four line can make me wonder if it hit a red. Or a blue for daken.

But goon generation is silly. Just put a blue or yellow (or whatever color) number over their head or something. Or do it when an ability is used. I don't know, anything but this. It's terrible.
  • it's not so much the banner, but it's pause that is super irritating! I haven't played pve, so I was wondering why there was a pause in PvP after the opponent team finishes his turn. It seems the pause applies in PVE and PvP! At least in PVE, there's the new banner, which makes more sense. The PvP used to show it too at the top-right (on iOS), but now there's that additional annoying pause! I don't mind the banners, but may we please remove the pause?
  • Yeah the intelligencia really outdid themselves. Hey lets pour resources into solving a problem that didnt exist and as a by product make the game less enjoyable...
  • Absolutely do not want. Was not ever a concern I had before and I'll echo the general consensus here: super annoying and interrupts game flow.

Also, add my 2 imcoin.pngspideycoin.png to being (albeit mildly) annoyed at the redundant delays caused by a 0 greentile.png Human Torch Flame Jet.
  • Jackal403 wrote:
    Absolutely do not want. Was not ever a concern I had before and I'll echo the general consensus here: super annoying and interrupts game flow.

Also, add my 2 imcoin.pngspideycoin.png to being (albeit mildly) annoyed at the redundant delays caused by a 0 greentile.png Human Torch Flame Jet.
    Add in my man falcon tard with redwing and inspiration and you can feasibly play the game and nap in between turns.
  • homer5ive wrote:
    :evil: this new "feature" is so annoying that it has made playing the game almost unbearable. Please remove it.

This.

Honestly, the game is now slower and much more frustrating. Please remove this (or at least make it something that can be switched off in settings).
  • pony mad
    i bet they dropped this "feature bomb" on us and then went to enjoy the weekend icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • pony mad
    many thanks for removing it icon_e_smile.gif