My favorite type of matches, tourney idea? newbie friendly?

I've got approx 225 days in. I have 50 roster spots. I have 2 fully maxed 3*s and several more who have 13 covers but aren't fully maxed. I have a few team combinations which carry me through most events. Shockingly though these aren't my favorite matches.

I love and go out of my way to play with my weaker characters. Early on in tourneys with softer opponents or in pve I can play with my wholly undeveloped lvl 50/60/70 2*/3* With 5 covers or less. It's fun to play with my weaker, more unique characters. To throw teams together with 0 synergy to do something new and different.

The problem is it's not rewarding on paper. After a few matches I switch out to my normal teams to climb the ladder and earn prizes. I'd be pretty ecstatic with a tourney that limited to undeveloped characters, maybe require 7 covers or less. It's not fair to pair me with newer players with my developed team, but I'd love to find a way to go back and play less developed teams with my own undeveloped teams. It gives me the opportunity to play with characters I normally wouldn't. I hope I'm not alone in this.

Comments

• GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I do the same thing, sometimes. It's not so much fun to absolutely crush weaker teams. Often, it's more fun to see what I do do with my old 2* Roster.

One idea would be to reward more ISO or boosts or something for close matches ( star.png ranking or levels). I think everyone could benefit from that.