Lock Alliances teams in within 24 hours of start of event

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,393 Chairperson of the Boards
i know everyone wants to be rank 1 but come on this is getting insane with all of the team jumping. To make it fair to all teams i think a team should be locked after 24 hours of the match starting. If a player would leave that team and move to another team their score will NOT be added to the teams total for that event. Maybe we will not see so much team hoping and sniping other teams that work hard to get to number 1 in events. I have seen (been in a few as well) were our team was rank 2 just to move to rank 3 or 4 just cause people jumped and pushed others higher players into the teams to get their scores up higher. I dont have a problem with people trying to get the best players but you should be forced to get them within 24 hours of an event starting or by the end of nod 1 (maybe nod2) Or maybe no switches in the last 24/48 hours or last nods

let the flaming begin

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if anyone's going to be motivated to flame over an issue that affects maybe 1 out of 1000 players.
  • slidecage
    simonsez wrote:
    I don't know if anyone's going to be motivated to flame over an issue that affects maybe 1 out of 1000 players.

lot more then that. teams that get bumped from 1 or 2. teams that get bumped from 2nd reward to 3rd. teams that get bump to 3rd to nothing.

just saying

though i will admit this would be on the lower ends of stuff needed to be fixxed but still would like it to be fixxed.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

lot more then that. teams that get bumped from 1 or 2. teams that get bumped from 2nd reward to 3rd. teams that get bump to 3rd to nothing.
    How do you get bumped from 3rd to nothing? And since 1st and 2nd offer the same awards, does it really matter enough to warrant putting this on the devs' to-do list?? Really, the only people who get screwed are the ones who get knocked from 2nd to 3rd, so I'm gonna say this effects way less people than my original 1 in a 1000 estimate.
  • The other problem is that events overlap because of timeshards. If players want to stay in an alliance to get the rewards for the last PVE or PVP, the next one will already have started before they can change alliance, or drop from the alliance temporarily for a personal vacation.
  • slidecage
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

How do you get bumped from 3rd to nothing? And since 1st and 2nd offer the same awards, does it really matter enough to warrant putting this on the devs' to-do list?? Really, the only people who get screwed are the ones who get knocked from 2nd to 3rd, so I'm gonna say this effects way less people than my original 1 in a 1000 estimate.

when i say nothing say your team is rank 46th and the top 50 get the 4 star cover. Teams who have more then 1 group can move people around and knock you from 46th to 54th meaning even though you played by the rules you get ripped off the cover cause they just moved people around to boost their scores. i have been in a team that was in 2 and got pushed to 3rd
    We were 2nd for 4 out of the 5 days of the event, with less then 6 hours left the teams started pushing other playes in other teams. Pushing us to 3rd meaning we only got 100 HP not the 250HP we would of got if the team movement was not allowed. Back in NOV i was in a team where we got pushed from the 2nd level prize to the 3rd level and lost more stuff.

so right there 20 people got ripped off of 150 coins.

about over laptime not a problem cause if the TEAMS are locked in say within 24 hours of the last time shard it would not be a problem.

not saying this needs to be fixxed right now but something they can put on the back burner and think about it