Remove cascades after the match finishes

Humour me in this story please.

So the match ends...

Scenario 1:
You won it! Great! Now you need to quickly put up your shield so you won't lose points in the PVP. But for some reason the game sees fit to waste 30 seconds of your time with pointless cascades even though you don't get special brownie points for trying to bring the enemies health into the negative. So when it's finally over you quickly exit and shield, only to find you've dropped points. You rage, smash your phone's/tablet's/PC's screen. This sets off a chain of events which results in the world coming to an end and all life ceasing to exist as we know it. Game over for real. icon_evil.gif

Scenario 2:
You lost. Dammit. Super annoyed. Whatevs. Then the AI sees fit to pummel away at your already felled characters with more cascades. Kicking away in smugness. You rage, smash your phone's/tablet's/PC's screen. This sets off a chain of events which results in the world coming to an end and all life ceasing to exist as we know it. Game over for real. icon_evil.gif

Well I guess I'm exaggerating a little with the whole "world ending" route. But EVERY second counts when hopping in PVP. 30 seconds can mean a lot. And when you've lost a match you probably already feel annoyed with the AI's cheating cascades. Adding insult to injury doesn't help anyone.

Solution:
Remove cascades after end-match or don't allow 3-in-a-row or more to go off even if they fall into place. Saves time and helps blood pressure. Everyone is happy.

Comments

• I would not be happy: When I finish the match with a cascade I like to see tons of overkill, especially when it's against that one enemy who downed the rest of my team. It would take away the excitement and satisfaction of utterly destroying the enemy.

Also, when being defeated by a cascade, I like seeing a cascade because it feeds my bias of being defeated by cheating AI and ridiculous cascades as opposed to just not playing the game well.

Further, when defeating an enemy by World Rupture (or Anger), it's important to let all the tiles resolve to have the appropriate self- damage so that d3 can sell more health packs.
  • ShanePHallam
    ShanePHallam Posts: 94 Match Maker
    And on the positive side, Groot. That is all.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Frankly, I don't think this is possible due to the characters with true heals arising from matches (e.g. 2* Wolvie, R&G, etc.). You need to resolve those.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Scenario 2:
    You lost. Dammit. Super annoyed. Whatevs. Then the AI sees fit to pummel away at your already felled characters with more cascades. Kicking away in smugness. You rage, smash your phone's/tablet's/PC's screen. This sets off a chain of events which results in the world coming to an end and all life ceasing to exist as we know it. Game over for real. icon_evil.gif

Scenario 2a, as the cascades resolve a character with self-damage proceeds to launch a power that kills themselves and swings the match to a win, only possible thanks to the cascade-fueled after death bender.
  • or when the cascade finally dies down and the AI uses a few powers for good measure. you know, to check that you are really dead and not just faking it.