Maxed out character powers

When characters are maxed out on their powers (i.e. They have 13/13 power points used), why can't points transfer to another version of the same character. A repeated complaint seems to be that players get stuck in their character evolution, so perhaps this would be a way to help. You could always exclude Storm, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Widow, or require an extra to transfer their points, like 100 Iso-8 or a couple of hero coins or something. Other characters are so much more difficult to come by, though, that it seems logical that once you've maxed out a characters' points, you could then sacrifice the sale price and use that power point for another version of the same charcter. For example one of my Thors is maxed, and I have yet to get another cover for Modern Thor. Instead of selling the cover on the rare occasion that I get a cover for the 2 star Thor I have, I could put it toward the Modern Thor. This would make leveling characters somewhat more satisfying, and make players less likely to give up once they get frustrated and feel they aren't going to be able to continue character progression.

Comments

• On your post, for those characters that have higher star.png versions i suggest that they be able to upgrade to the next star.png . the requirements would be the character to be maxed level and costs 2x the cover upgrade cost of the higher star.png and gives you the next level rarity character with 1 of each cover.

Another idea i thought of was when a character is fully maxed and have 5 covers in the selected skill( i was think of specifically 3* chars but this can work for all characters but may want to exclude 4* for the moment) you can pay extra HP 1.5-2.5 times and Iso to overcharge that single ability to increase the ability's core characteristics and add a minor effect.
    for example : patch greentile.png berserker rage will increase the damage of the skill, on strike.png green tiles increase damage , reduce on pink and get ability to destroy like 3 random pink tiles.

This allows you to invest in your current state to make head way into your next transition. This can be a game changer by making less popular maxed skills have a stronger synergistic affect on the hero, then overcharging the skill the character is typically built around. Like Black panther's blacktile.png overcharged does more damage and reduces enemies other ap by 2, but his blue over charged gets reduced to 7 bluetile.png generates a second count down tile, allows placement and changes other 6 random non black or non yellow tiles to 3 black and 3 yellow.

this aspect can facilitate more balancing of characters, make more combinations competitive with the higher tiers, ease stagnating transitions and make undesirable characters powerhouses. However, this would require lots of play testing before rolling out as many people will be enraged if the extra investment gets a big hit by the Nerf bat
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    With the rate 1 and 2* are dropped, you would have covered 3* in no time, so I doubt that would get implemented.
    Maybe if it were a system like trading up volumes of carny prizes maybe, but probably not that either... icon_e_smile.gif
    Also, not all versions have the same colors. And if you had 13 covers but got the one you only have three of, what then?