Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
edited January 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Get your walkmans ready.
ovnmjZw.gif

Comments

• whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IS that a hint for a Starlord character?
  • The sad part is the genius at MPQ would make him a 5*, thus making the new post 500pt encounter 100% Xforce/4thor/Starlord...

All fluff, no game fixes.
  • Trisul
    edited January 2015
    Options
    whitecat31 wrote:
    That's my guess, based on turul's datamining.

Based on some of the info turul dug up, I wouldn't be surprised if he reshapes the meta. Subject to change, of course.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
  • I hope not. I would much rather see a new x-man or villain.
  • Trisul
    Options
    I was always surprised that Cyclops and Jean Grey weren't in the game. (Well, I guess it made sense since the game originally only covered Dark Reign.)

There's obviously a huge fan base for X-Men, I'm surprised they don't tap that well more often.

Actually, character bloat (especially for Marvel U) isn't a big problem (and in fact, could be a big plus!), if only:
    1) Roster slots weren't so expensive
    2) Covers didn't come at a trickle
    3) 3*+ Token drop rates were better
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If this is true then we would have 4 out of the 5 core members of the GotG yet still only 1/2 of the Fantastic Four...
  • Trisul wrote:
    whitecat31 wrote:

Based on some of the info turul dug up, I wouldn't be surprised if he reshapes the meta. Subject to change, of course.

Any info about his moveset? *praying for synergy with my high cover chars*
    If this is true then we would have 4 out of the 5 core members of the GotG yet still only 1/2 of the Fantastic Four...

I'm much more excited about GotG chars than Fantastic Four, have you seen the movies?
  • Trisul
    Options
    I'll point you to this previous thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=21727&start=80#p281980
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    Kriegerbot wrote:
    Trisul wrote:
    whitecat31 wrote:

Any info about his moveset? *praying for synergy with my high cover chars*

I'm much more excited about GotG chars than Fantastic Four, have you seen the movies?

This post sums up exactly why they are pushing GOG and not FF. Recent smash hit movie release (which was well done), a whole new fan base on charecters that are too tied into the rest of the marvel universe vs a couple guys missing from a team that's been around from the 60's and has had virtually no fan base or marketing success in the last 40 years.

If it wasn't for silver surfer I wonder how relevant people would feel the FF are? They aren't my favorite, but I get that RR is one of the top brains around and the team has been a part of the biggest or most important storylines, but the fan base will line up for Starlord covers...not the rubber man's covers...lol.
  • STARLORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL TRY TO GET AS MANY COVERS FOR HIM AS I CAN!
  • Trisul
    Options
    Did not expect him to be 4*. Hmm.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Grrrr. Another 4*?! Come on. This top 50 to release a new 4 star and then forgetting about them is nonsense. They better address this 4* transition soon because there is only one event to ever realistically get them. Expecting top 1 after that is ridiculous.

Once a month 4 star event maybe? It would at least give the impression you want to bridge this divide in the game. Something besides this method.
  • Well, I had been looking forward to getting him. That was when I thought he was going to be a 3*.

So, Drax shouldn't be too far off at this rate, right?
  • Trisul
    Options
    Future discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22670
  • If this is true then we would have 4 out of the 5 core members of the GotG yet still only 1/2 of the Fantastic Four...

As if by fate, new Fantastic Four trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BVs-KCSiA
  • Trisul wrote:
    I was always surprised that Cyclops and Jean Grey weren't in the game. (Well, I guess it made sense since the game originally only covered Dark Reign.)

There's obviously a huge fan base for X-Men, I'm surprised they don't tap that well more often.

Actually, character bloat (especially for Marvel U) isn't a big problem (and in fact, could be a big plus!), if only:
    1) Roster slots weren't so expensive
    2) Covers didn't come at a trickle
    3) 3*+ Token drop rates were better

So what you are saying is character bloat is actually a huge problem.
  • Trisul
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Uh, what? No, it's okay in principle, but other mechanics of the game (roster slot costs, cover drop rates) limit the ability to manage/collect them, and makes it frustrating.

This is an extreme example, but if heroic tokens had a guaranteed 3* every token and roster slots cost iso, there would be absolutely no problem with character bloat.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Uh, what? No, it's okay in principle, but other mechanics of the game (roster slot costs, cover drop rates) limit the ability to manage/collect them, and makes it frustrating.

This is an extreme example, but if heroic tokens had a guaranteed 3* every token and roster slots cost iso, there would be absolutely no problem with character bloat.

And no revenue. They need to sit down and think long and hard about a middle ground.
  • Trisul
    Options
    And no revenue. They need to sit down and think long and hard about a middle ground.
    Right, I'm merely saying that new characters CAN be a good thing. People complaining about how many new characters there are should really be complaining at the other stuff that actually makes having new characters annoying.