Easy to Normal, Normal to Hard, etc.

yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I am reasonably sure this suggestion area is here for our own amusement and venting rather than actually contributing to the game, but I digress.

A thought...

In PvE node titles, should not missions with enemies around our average roster strength be titled Normal, rather than Easy. (My current Easy games are far from easy - just having lost most of my roster over two "Easy" games).

In turn, Normal missions vary from anywhere from somewhat tricky to very very unpleasant and should be called Hard.

And my Hard missions are anything from I have to boost the **** out of this to have any chance to I'm just not even bothering, should be Deadly (My current Hard nodes are absolutely horrible and I have close to no chance to getting through them).

Yes devs, I know you have your own way of doing things, but if you tell me the node is Easy, it should (for the very most part) be actually, easy (and not your own classification of the term easy). Crazy talk, I know.

Comments

• This is a general problem related to the PvE scaling system, which seems to be based heavily on character level, with your highest level characters taking the most weight. There is almost no concern to the number of covers you have. If a new player happens to earn a legendary by luck and recruited the hero, he can suddenly find himself facing level 70 full cover enemies in PvE that are now of normal difficulty.

In order to fix the easy/normal/hard/extreme ratings, the PvE scaling system will have to be overhauled to take into account of how well covered a roster is.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Totally agree that the node,difficulty levels are completely misnamed. A 'normal' node should not require max boosts plus incredible luck to beat! Yet that is the case in the current PVE node with mags, IM and Don. You guys (devs) need to redo your difficulty algorithm!!!
  • yogi_
    Dear devs,

Again.

Getting wiped out, time after time on nodes that are "Normal" (and at least 70-80 above my average roster) is not normal; though perhaps "Hard".

Thanks.

But not really.
  • yogi_
    Get this **** sorted out.

Getting most of my roster wiped out on a "Normal" node of Mystique, Doom and goon is not normal and getting the remainder gone on a harder variation of "Normal" is not ok.
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Agreed. In Gauntlet:AlpineTactics, I just lost 7 games to win the first three nodes(all marked as EASY) plus lost twice on 4th node before saying "I give!" 9 losses equals 27 lives to win a few iso.
  • yogi_
    An opposing team in the current PvE that is 20 or so levels above my average roster - "Easy".

Um, no. I would say "Normal".

Can a dev comment on this?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree. Easy is not easy. Scaling should probably take into account your average level of character not your top one - or if you have one much higher than another you have to use that one every time. Says someone who has to do that: my 233 has to go in every time, my 140's aren't up to snuff.

I look at "Normal" nodes and think - impossible, I can skip them! Normal isn't normal, nor is Easy "easy".

Some of the problem may be looking at boosts. Levels should be that level WITHOUT boosts. Indeed, I think the top rosters should be able to beat everything without boosts - they should be there primarily for the lower rosters to try to get a bit higher up.
  • yogi_
    Here's another good example.

I have two half levelled 4*s and nothing else that before you move down to my steadily levelling much much lower down 3*s.

There is a node in the current PvE of 3 4*s that are over double level the 97% of my roster level and it's marked as "Normal".

Have just finished matches of characters far far over my main roster, marked "Easy".

You're kidding me, right.