match rewards need to be buffed

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
So I just went into a match in the Hunt: Alaska event, where I faced a lvl 283 venom, lvl 283 bullseye, and lvl 283 ares. I used maxed out 4* Thor (5-3-5), maxed 4* Wolverine (5-5-3), and lvl 105 Dr. Doom (5-3-5), full health bars for all, and armed to the teeth with boosts. They nearly annihilate 4* Thor in one go after stacking multiple attacks, no lie--went from 16000 down to 511 in one turn.

I finally pull off the win and walk away with a recruit token yielding a 1* iron man repulsor cover.

THAT IS A CROCK OF @#!@#$!@#%@#%. Choose your favorite angry expletive because that's what that reward is.

a lvl 270 Thor hardly being a match for a gang of overbuffed 1-2* characters says something about the best covers you offer your players. The leveling system and the way these matches are designed to offer players challenges is ridiculous. Update your AI but don't buff these guys to the point where they wipe out a near-full health max'ed out legendary character in one go. That is not how you design a challenging game.

It's boorish logic and I can't even fathom how unimaginative design teams are to offer that nonsense to a customer base that pays cold cash to play this game.

At a minimum, you should be walking away with 250 iso or stockpile +1 to all AP boost. But the recruit tokens or less than 250 iso are ludicrous rewards. Matches that difficult debilitate a player's ability to continue in the matches at a reasonable pace. As it stands, 2 or 3 matches and all my maxed out legendaries are in the med ward??? Does that make sense? Can it be that the best this game has to offer cannot make a stand against a 1* venom or 2* ares??? No, that can't be right...that doesn't make sense.

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    This shouldn't be news to you, since I imagine you've been around the block a while? Yes, the rewards could be better, but those are secondary to the points you get for completing the node and that adds to your overall main score, which is the main point of the nodes.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2015
    way to undermine the initiative to compensate players better. People like you who are content to take 3rd-rate match rewards are why there is little return on investment for such matches.

Soooooo--in conclusion, take your pessimist, self-defeating <tinykitty> elsewhere...your presence is NOT desired.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dapptastic wrote:
    way to undermine the initiative to compensate players better. People like you who are content to take 3rd-rate match rewards are why there is little return on investment for such matches.

Soooooo--in conclusion, take your pessimist, self-defeating f*ckery elsewhere...your presence is NOT desired.

Maybe you shouldn't have posted on a public forum if you didn't want replies.

His response was valid. Maybe disagreeable, maybe incorrect (maybe correct). But the value of rewards is subjective - of course no one wants 20 ISO, but a lot of players may be (like he said) after the Event Score rather than the node rewards to begin with.

Sooooo--in conclusion, don't be a condescending, rude jerk when it's completely uncalled for.
  • MojoWild
    Arondite wrote:
    Dapptastic wrote:

Soooooo--in conclusion, take your pessimist, self-defeating f*ckery elsewhere...your presence is NOT desired.

Maybe you shouldn't have posted on a public forum if you didn't want replies.

His response was valid. Maybe disagreeable, maybe incorrect (maybe correct). But the value of rewards is subjective - of course no one wants 20 ISO, but a lot of players may be (like he said) after the Event Score rather than the node rewards to begin with.

Sooooo--in conclusion, don't be a condescending, rude jerk when it's completely uncalled for.

Plus, I agreed that the rewards could be better, sheesh. I don't even get what was pessimistic. If anything it was blindly optimistic. icon_e_smile.gif
    I was just surprised that the OP seemed so...surprised. Esp to be so ragey. Maybe it's rage day.
  • [Deleted User]
    if you want to debate event rewards then find another thread. This thread clearly addresses the scope of rewards within a singular match. You guys wanna offer your opinions on that--then you have an appropriate place here.

Arguing that the individual match rewards, as subjectively-pitiful as they are, are justifiable as a contribution to an overall event score is completely irrelevant to my point.

I wouldn't have shooed him off with a broom if he brought a relevant comment to the topic.

I could care less if somebody's views oppose mine but if I'm talking about my new shoes and you're telling me I'm wrong because I think the sky is blue. dubyoo-tee-eff, man??

If you have no further questions or comments, sheriff--I'd like to be on my way now!
  • MojoWild
    I actually was talking about event match rewards. I agree they could be better, but I'm not going to stomp around in a tirade though. You have a valid point, unfortunately you're ranting too loud for people to hear you or take you seriously.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dapptastic wrote:

Soooooo--in conclusion, take your pessimist, self-defeating <tinykitty> elsewhere...your presence is NOT desired.

Don't attempt to dodge the filter, it's there for a reason (and if you didn't know, now you do).

Secondly, don't be rude. If you want to present an opinion and have a civil conversation, this is the place to do it, but responding to someone with cynicism and snark, even if their response wasn't to your liking, is not how to do it.
  • Give 100 ISO per game instead of the worthless 20. I lose ISO if i use use boosts during a clear. Simply multiply all ISO rewards by 4 or 5 and that would make the transition a lot easier
  • [Deleted User]
    Dapptastic wrote:

Don't attempt to dodge the filter, it's there for a reason (and if you didn't know, now you do).

Secondly, don't be rude. If you want to present an opinion and have a civil conversation, this is the place to do it, but responding to someone with cynicism and snark, even if their response wasn't to your liking, is not how to do it.

since you wanna illustrate points in bullet-format, let's speak the same lingo.

1. stop trying to give lessons on how to conduct oneself because
    a. you're not a life coach
    b. there's a 101% chance you're not anybody's parent on these forums
    c. it comes across as very holier-than-thou and pompous
    d. this is a forum for gamers to have their concerns voiced

2. for you guys to contest all these peoples' requests to either buff match rewards, debuff the PvE characters, etc. It shows how classless and trifling you really are. For you to treat everybody as they are irrational and their requests are unreasonable is completely unwarranted. If you actually played the game, instead of trolling d3pforums.com, you would know that there is an actual problem with the way they are buffing the PvE opposition. But you wouldn't know that 'cause you're pretending to play mommy & daddy on the internet...you really need to find another hobby, or go to an actual adoption agency if you want to play parent.

3. 'NOUGH SAID!
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2015
    Dapptastic wrote:
    Dapptastic wrote:

since you wanna illustrate points in bullet-format, let's speak the same lingo.

1. stop trying to give lessons on how to conduct oneself because
    a. you're not a life coach
    b. there's a 101% chance you're not anybody's parent on these forums
    c. it comes across as very holier-than-thou and pompous
    d. this is a forum for gamers to have their concerns voiced

2. for you guys to contest all these peoples' requests to either buff match rewards, debuff the PvE characters, etc. It shows how classless and trifling you really are. For you to treat everybody as they are irrational and their requests are unreasonable is completely unwarranted. If you actually played the game, instead of trolling d3pforums.com, you would know that there is an actual problem with the way they are buffing the PvE opposition. But you wouldn't know that 'cause you're pretending to play mommy & daddy on the internet...you really need to find another hobby, or go to an actual adoption agency if you want to play parent.

3. 'NOUGH SAID!
    He's a moderator for the site, it's literally his agreed-upon duty to tell people like you when they're being tinykitty.
  • MojoWild
    Dude, Gothic is a moderator... icon_eek.gif

If you'd stop ranting and read, you'd see that you've been agreed with. Yes, PVE match rewards should be better. No one has disagreed with you on this point. The only contention I ever made was that the event match rewards aren't the end all. You're also trying to place in the subs and the main event. The event match rewards are a bonus. They could be a better bonus, but that's what they are.

If you don't like trolls, don't exhibit trolling behavior. If you don't want a parent, don't be a child.
  • GothicKratos
    I'm not going to tell you not to be a jerk, even though it's actually in the rules (see: 5e), but I would suggest not doing so, so your posts aren't downvoted into invisibility.
  • [Deleted User]
    I'm not going to tell you not to be a jerk, even though it's actually in the rules (see: 5e), but I would suggest not doing so, so your posts aren't downvoted into invisibility.

I don't think being a jerk is in the rules. Your interpretation of the rules seems rather misconstrued and very subjective as one other so poignantly identified other, relevant matters to be.

I haven't written anything in violation of any terms of use, apart from colorful characters. And even that being a violation is subjective.

Debate's over, I'm not paying attention anymore.

Your energies would be put to far better use supporting other players, and if you're not a developer--contesting everybody's voice here is oh-so wiiiiiiise!

Is the feedback intended for developers or arbitrary forum members??

HASHTAG Rhetoricforthewin, thewordofthedayissubjective
  • GothicKratos
    If you bothered to read the link, the rules literally, word-for-word says not to "act like a jerk".

If you bothered to read my signature, you'd realize I do not work for, nor represent MPQ in any way.

Have fun, and may the luck of the token be with you! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • agree: match rewards could be better, agree the scaling for nodes is ridiculous, agree: trying to fight ridiculous nodes is expensive and it is a good idea for the rewards to reflect that. i am fine for having the ridiculous nodes in there but for only 10% of the current amount they are in separates the men from the boys last node super tough for a lot of points. Once you start leveling 3* your forced to use then and can't go back why not have the scaling and points apply to your current team other wise it makes lower level characters dead weight. it would nice to get some action on my 2* during the event. let me know what you think.