New PvP Variation Suggestion

FadeToOne
FadeToOne Posts: 25
I think it would be interesting to have a PvP in which you can use any character, but you can't use the same character that's in use on the team you are facing (much like how PvE works).

This would cause some interesting effects:

- Everybody will regularly have to change their teams around in order to play a match, because everybody else is changing theirs as well.
- You are actually forced to try different character combinations and maybe find out that you like them
- We'll see more variation of teams at higher score levels instead of Featured/XForce/4Thor
- Several tactics go out the window and people will have to come up with new strategies

Comments

• Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    FadeToOne wrote:
    I think it would be interesting to have a PvP in which you can use any character, but you can't use the same character that's in use on the team you are facing (much like how PvE works).

- Everybody will regularly have to change their teams around in order to play a match, because everybody else is changing theirs as well.
    - You are actually forced to try different character combinations and maybe find out that you like them
    - We'll see more variation of teams at higher score levels instead of Featured/XForce/4Thor
    - Several tactics go out the window and people will have to come up with new strategies

First person to use 4Verine wins the whole event
  • I don't think this would change too much except make people skip more. In the spirit of the idea what about a tournament where any character you use is put on a cooldown and will be back after two in event matches win or lose. No timers, no prologue switching, just being forced to use at minimum 9 characters.
  • Arondite wrote:
    FadeToOne wrote:

I'm not sure you understand the concept. The "first person" would still have to change up their team in subsequent matches.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    FadeToOne wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    FadeToOne wrote:

I'm not sure you understand the concept. The "first person" would still have to change up their team in subsequent matches.

That's not necessarily the case. They can just hunt nodes that don't have 4verine. Meanwhile, they can't be hit by anyone who intended to use 4Verine themselves (since the usurpers would have to use something other than 4verine).

Using the best team in the game also keeping you from being retaliated against by the same team is a pretty broken concept. Not even much need to shield. More than worth the extra time it will take to hunt the non-4verine nodes.