pve is garbage get rid of refresh times

Why even bother having refresh times? I dont get it, think of how ridiculous it is to have a game where the inherent strategy is to come back after every x hours and defeat it again over and over for optimal points....what?

My suggestion is to get rid of refresh times altogether, have the nodes increase lvl by x amount after each victory and you keep getting more points for doing so (maybe the sum of lvls of the opposing team) Sure ppl will try to grind, but you wont have to and when it gets to lvl 200+ enemies, thats where you start to separate the elite from the good. Basically each node is its own gauntlet. You play at your own leisure as opposed to this absurd every x hours garbage.

I dont find pve ever enjoyable...just feels like...work.

Comments

• zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Interesting idea. This would however make developed rosters more competitive if point award was tied to opponent levels.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    zeeke wrote:
    Interesting idea. This would however make developed rosters more competitive if point award was tied to opponent levels.
    It's bad enough good rosters are penalized via scaling. It'd be great if there were finally a PvE benefit to leveling your characters.
  • Really they need to hide all information related to refreshes and then shuffle the deck so no one knows what they *should be* maybe even make different nodes within the same sub have different refreshes, or play with the number of stacks, or have node refreshes scale over the course of an event, but make sure it is almost impossible to "figure it out" until the event is done, and randomize it again each time a particular event is run so no two are exactly alike.

Some people probably just wished much pain on me for suggesting such blasphemy but let me explain myself.

If there is a commonly known "Optimal" way to play it has been proven time and time again that there are a lot of people willing to go to extreme lengths to play perfectly, losing sleep, playing at work scheduling life around MPQ. If you want to compete, you need to compete against that level of compulsive grinding. If the Optimal strategy was randomized and unknown, the people would be forced to stop setting their lives to MPQ and just play the game. The final scores would be more chaotic, and more people might step up to give it their best if they know they aren't required to grind like clockwork for an entire event to get what they want.

My apologies to those who do set alarms for MPQ my suggestion might ruin your chances at certain covers, but I would dare say you would enjoy the game more, and life outside of it as well.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    zeeke wrote:
    It's bad enough good rosters are penalized via scaling. It'd be great if there were finally a PvE benefit to leveling your characters.

Yeah, I agree! It'd be great if there were no way at all for new players with underdeveloped rosters to get any prizes at all :^)
  • Well, I agree that PvE sucks but don't have a clue and don't care about refresh times anymore.

If you don't have the required character(s), you might as well not even try.

If you do, then you better be prepared to grind for 20 ISO rewards until you feel like deleting the app and never returning to this game.

20 ISO is total garbage and once I get that, I put the game down.
  • I don't see a problem with PVE and scaling as it is now.

I personally feel it's good because that's where players with underdeveloped rosters go to develop their rosters. Ergo it is supposed to give newbies the advantage.

PVP is for the more seasoned rosters who can earn the covers by smacking each other around. So it balances out in that manner.

The only beef i have for PVE is with 4* pve rewards for top 50. hatehatehatehatehate those. icon_redface.gif
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Deadpooool wrote:
    I don't see a problem with PVE and scaling as it is now.

I personally feel it's good because that's where players with underdeveloped rosters go to develop their rosters. Ergo it is supposed to give newbies the advantage.

PVP is for the more seasoned rosters who can earn the covers by smacking each other around. So it balances out in that manner.

The only beef i have for PVE is with 4* pve rewards for top 50. hatehatehatehatehate those. icon_redface.gif

This makes no sense, justifying it for newbies to give them a competitive advantage...against whom--other newbies? Every pool of competitors is a bracket unique unto itself with the majority of the bracket being similarly-leveled rosters. Start a new account and see what I mean. Top 5 all day with 1 3-star cover in PvP, and more-or-less the same though not as outstanding rankings for PvE tournies.

I submitted a thread to rally for better match rewards when facing off against these ludicrously-overbuffed 1* & 2* characters. A lot of you feel that the return on investment isn't sufficient and I'm trying to rally some support to change the compensation. There is no reasonable incentive to accept those matches as it stands--you will more than likely only get comp'ed 70 iso for your trouble and have to waste a med pack on healing a power legendary cover.