3* Thor as Hunt reward

Options
yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
Who messed this up?

(For those not following along at home, characters out of rotation are not supposed to be appearing in any events).

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good question, but I'm not complaining, 'cause I need him. xD
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    (For those not following along at home, characters out of rotation are not supposed to be appearing in any events).

Technically, Thor is not appearing in the event as the character is not essential nor boosted...the character is only the reward. So if Thor is taken out of the vault before the next event (assuming that it would be the essential character) then all is well...everyone got a chance to get the character before it was made essential.

Featured as a PvE reward is actually a good way to bring a character back into circulation...new players get a chance to get it for the first time & older players get a chance to develop their existing character.

I am personally happy to see it come back as a reward since I only have 2 covers for this characters which is arguably one of the strongest star.pngstar.pngstar.png in the game... icon_mrgreen.gif
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage_78 wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:

Technically, Thor is not appearing in the event as the character is not essential nor boosted...the character is only the reward. So if Thor is taken out of the vault before the next event (assuming that it would be the essential character) then all is well...everyone got a chance to get the character before it was made essential.

Featured as a PvE reward is actually a good way to bring a character back into circulation...new players get a chance to get it for the first time & older players get a chance to develop their existing character.

I am personally happy to see it come back as a reward since I only have 2 covers for this characters which is arguably one of the strongest star.pngstar.pngstar.png in the game... icon_mrgreen.gif

I should clarify then...

Characters out of rotation are not supposed to be offered as tokens or rewards in any way and characters only rotate between seasons.
  • Carnage_78
    edited January 2015
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    Characters out of rotation are not supposed to be offered as tokens or rewards in any way and characters only rotate between seasons.

I don't know where you took this arbitrary rule from but I think that they rotated characters in during the season before. Wasn't Loki or DareDevil introduced back into tokens during the season? I don't think that they rotated any characters out mid season though.

Anyway, maybe I am wrong about that but my point is...does it really matter?

At least everyone gets a chance to earn the character as a reward in a PvE before it is used in an event (if they do that...we don't even know yet if the character will be featured in the next event...although it is what they usually do) which is much easier than pulling it randomly from a token.

So you basically get a better chance of getting the next featured character...and it is fair to everyone...is that not what is important really?
  • Carnage_78
    Options
    One of the most liked & strongest star.pngstar.pngstar.png in the game comes back after something like 2 months mothballed out of circulation. Personally I don't mind whatever way they find to get it back in the game, I am just happy that I get a chance to earn some more covers to build up that character... icon_mrgreen.gif

So will most players I would say... icon_cool.gif