How about a tile damage boost?

IamTheDanger
IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
A red iso boost has been suggested a few times before. And, personally, I like the idea. (if done properly). And that got me thinking. How about, instead of boosting the characters, just boost the tile damage values?

(the actual boost would be something like an "increase purple/black tile damage by 20 for _____ character" or something).
Here is a bit of an explanation of what I'm talking about. ....

So, because D3 is constantly re-doing character damage levels, this could be used to fix that. Since we can't lower the level of our characters, maybe the tile boost could raise damage levels only, instead of the characters actual level. So now, OBW would still be a level 94, but have tile damage high enough to tank purple, blue and black when paired with 3* characters.

So many players keep characters at specific levels so that certain characters tank certain colors. Unfortunately , with D3 constantly changing damage values, those players are screwed. But with a tile boost, they could raise damage values enough to fix that. Like I said, the level and abilities would stay the same, but tile damage values would increase like 5, 10, or even 20.

Like the boost that raises match damge of green/black, purple/blue, and red/yellow by 10%. But instead , it could be a boost that raises match damage of certain colors by a percentage, but only for 1 character.

It would fix the problem of D3 constantly changing values. If we can't manually lower the levels of our characters, we could at least get them to tank the colors we want every now and again.

Sgt JJ.

edit for spelling

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I'm not seeing the difference here except that you're limiting the match damage to one character?
    Also, there already is an all color match boost, and that's good for all characters.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    MojoWild wrote:
    I'm not seeing the difference here except that you're limiting the match damage to one character?
    Also, there already is an all color match boost, and that's good for all characters.

Right, the existing boosts work on all characters. He's wanting to boost for one character, specifically, so that that character can tank colors for other characters.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I see, in that respect it could be ok I guess. Would the average non-forum player understand it though?