20 ISO, increase amount based on difficulty

Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
We have different levels of challenge in PvE, yet all eventually give us 20 ISO. That is not enough, and is a slap in the face after winning a particularly dreadful Rags + 2 goons node with only one character still standing.

I suggest that the amount of minimum ISO awarded increases based on the difficulty of the node. Something like:

Trivial - 20 ISO
Easy - 40 ISO
Normal - 80 ISO
Hard - 160 ISO
Deadly - 320 ISO

It's not such a big increase that D3 would begrudge it (I hope).

Comments

• They will just answer:

"You wanna ISO, you PAY !"( with time or cash).
  • The 20 ISO "reward" is actually a nice, big slap in the face from D3.

Remember the whammy from the game show Press Your Luck? Thats 20 ISO
    Remember the Zonk! from the game show Let's Make a Deal? Thats 20 ISO

Get rid of 20 ISO. After 400+ days of grinding various PvE's and going up against scaled up enemies, you realize that it isn't worth the time or energy.

GET RID OF 20 ISO
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its probably easier to just make it that you randomly get 1 of the 4 rewards with no removal factor. The hard node iso rewards would probably need to get dropped down to 100 / 250 though and I'd recommend a removal of the crit boost rewards (replace it with ISOs or maybe a health pack).

Rewards for the trivial nodes may need to be dropped to 40 / 70 ISO with a very low drop rate on SRT. Those can be completed in under 2m usually.

*This is for events only. Leave the story missions as is (including the 20 ISO reward) as there shouldn't be much benefit to repeat grinding of those easy missions.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    I would add to this: let us get every reward from every node in PvE from the first four plays. It is very irritating to do a run and get 20 as a reward.

In response to the proposal. You would have to increase all the rewards to compensate for the increase. Say by 2x for normal, 3x for hard, etc.
  • Someone else suggested this a long time ago, but I'll go ahead and say it here: In PvE, your personal scaling should impact your 20 ISO-8 booby prize value. When you fight your way past a level 300 Juggernaut, you should never be rewarded with 20 ISO 8. Flat percentage multiplication would be easy but probably wouldn't work; even at 100% increased difficulty you'd only be picking up 40 ISO 8.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon 17 wrote:
    Someone else suggested this a long time ago, but I'll go ahead and say it here: In PvE, your personal scaling should impact your 20 ISO-8 booby prize value. When you fight your way past a level 300 Juggernaut, you should never be rewarded with 20 ISO 8. Flat percentage multiplication would be easy but probably wouldn't work; even at 100% increased difficulty you'd only be picking up 40 ISO 8.

Node level / 2 sounds about right.