Doom diabolical plot and other passives

Options
orbitalint
orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
So I just got done with going against a doom, cage, Thor match. Any time cage's unbreakable passive went off to start their turn, doom didn't put down a diabolical plot tile before or after. I didn't even think the player had the purple to start the match because it didn't go of until midway through the match.

Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Were there any available purple tiles for Doom to put down traps? Or maybe all tiles had traps on them?
    orbitalint wrote:
    I didn't even think the player had the purple to start the match because it didn't go of until midway through the match.

I'm not understanding this statement. Are you saying Doom activated the tiles? He couldn't have done that if there weren't trap tiles on the board.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They were tons of purple tiles to lay the traps to start. And to start a game there couldn't have been any traps on these tiles.

And no, he didn't use the active purple ability. I was talking about his passive activating to start each turn. His purple passive didn't activate for like the first 5 turns because I kept matching the protect tile of cage and he kept putting it back out. I figured it was a doom without the purple cover because he didn't start laying traps until late in the match. Or the animation didn't go consistently each turn.

Also, FYI, doom will use his purple even if there are no trap tiles on the board. If you notice the language, he does some amount of damage without traps. Which means he'd use it as soon as he gets the AP.