Remove 2* from Heroic Tokens

MojoWild
MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
Sorry if this has been suggested before, but with all the 3* characters out there, and the inconvenient rotations, why not just remove the 2* from the Heroic packs and move them to the standards? I already get tons of 2* I don't need just from completing Vs fights (and standard tokens).
Is there a downside to anyone? I'd think D3 would sell a lot more cover packs if they did this. They could still play with the odds for getting higher demand or newer characters.

Comments

• People buy 3* covers. I'd say the downside is fairly obvious.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Yes, they spend hp to level up covers I get that, I'm talking about tokens. Would people really stop spending hp to get covers either way?
    I'd think they'd sell more heroics this way.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made this suggestion a while ago and I stand by it.

Standard tokens should give star.png and star.pngstar.png only.
    Heroic and event tokens should give star.pngstar.pngstar.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png only (unless a star.pngstar.png is featured for that event).
    Standard and heroic tokens should have all characters in them.
    Event tokens (PVE, PVP, and LR) should have increased odds for featured characters like they do now (including star.pngstar.png).
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I've always leaned more in the direction of having additional token classes that remove an additional star class with each upgrade:

Standard: 1, 2, 3, & 4* tokens
    Heroic: 2, 3, & 4* tokens
    Mythic: 3 & 4* tokens
    Cosmic: 4* tokens only

I agree with having event-specific tokens including increased drop rates for the featured characters... but you could still support each token class in each event.

So the Hotshots PVP would award a 'standard hotshot' for the 25point progression and a 'heroic hotshot' for the 300.
    I would even argue that these new token classes would be more appreciated as the 'bonus' for buying token packs..
    A 10-pack could be 9 Heroic + 1 Mythic
    A 40-pack could be either 39 Heroic + 1 Cosmic, (or 36 Heroic, 3 Mythic, 1 Cosmic)

Ideally they would identify opportunities to replace existing heroic drops with Mythic and Cosmic tokens. the 900 point progression token awarded in PVP should really be a mythic (because I don't think anyone who hits 900 in a PVP needs a Bullseye cover).
  • +1000!! with the flood of new characters we need more covers given out!