Tell us PVE structure before we pick a time

For some PVE events, all subs and the overall event end at the time we pick. This is what we usually refer to as a "well designed event."

For others, for whatever reason, they don't. As a result, some subs end at the presumable convenient end time we chose, and others at some point twelve hours removed, which is usually extremely inconvenient.

Since this significantly affects which time is ideal, can you please include something in the description before we pick a time giving us the length and end times of the subs?

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is why I have taken to picking slice 1 for all PvEs, because it's the only one where both the AM and PM ending times are reasonable for me. If I knew ahead of time whether there would be any 36/60-hour subs, I might be able to pick some others on occasion.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I just assume whatever subs are usually 12, 24, 36 hours, and pick whatever time will work best in either 12 hour increment.

Also, some subs are $5 at Subway.
  • MojoWild wrote:
    I just assume whatever subs are usually 12, 24, 36 hours, and pick whatever time will work best in either 12 hour increment.

The best time for 24 or 48 hour increments is not the same as for 12 or 36. That's the point.
  • MojoWild
    I get that but I'm just talking best case scenario with what there is. The first shard works awesome for me either way, it's 8:00 my time so it's just before work and early evening.
  • MojoWild wrote:
    I get that but I'm just talking best case scenario with what there is. The first shard works awesome for me either way, it's 8:00 my time so it's just before work and early evening.

That's nice for you, but I don't have anything like that. If they all end at the same time Slice four (midnight) is probably the least bad, but it's terrible if half of them end at noon. The only other possibility is 9, which is okay in both directions, but not great, and means I can't push much at the end because it ends at 9 am and I can't play much the last 10 hours.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread should help:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14484
  • simonsez wrote:
    This thread should help:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14484

It's a good guide, but they've been changing event formats so it's not necessarily accurate anymore. The current event features subs of 36, 48, 48, rather than 60 hours as shown in the guide.
  • MojoWild
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

That's nice for you, but I don't have anything like that. If they all end at the same time Slice four (midnight) is probably the least bad, but it's terrible if half of them end at noon. The only other possibility is 9, which is okay in both directions, but not great, and means I can't push much at the end because it ends at 9 am and I can't play much the last 10 hours.

Ok, but you want to know when they end. I'm just saying it's not like the sub end times are all over the place, like 2pm, 11pm, 6am... they end either at the same time as the event, or 12 hours different.
  • MojoWild wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:

Ok, but you want to know when they end. I'm just saying it's not like the sub end times are all over the place, like 2pm, 11pm, 6am... they end either at the same time as the event, or 12 hours different.

And I need to pick different end times depending. The best end time for 12 h subs for me is bad for 24 h ones, and vice versa. That's not the case for everyone, but it's the case for a lot of people.