Removing Inactive Commanders

My Alliance has been in transition, with several old members moving on. Since the end of Season 9, several people tagged "commander" have gone inactive. We'd like to remove them for new recruits, but a commander can't kick a commander. Is there a way to remove them that I am not seeing?

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Try contacting Customer Service.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    The commander that started the alliance needs to contact CS and ask them to demote the other commanders and then they can be kicked by any remaining commanders.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the players are *completely* inactive, you can usually get them removed by filing a support ticket. Look in the "help" section of the settings menu to open a ticket.

However, support is generally unwilling to remove commanders that play, but do not maintain standards set by an alliance. The only options if this becomes a problem and support can't intervene are to either get the commander to leave willingly or to have all the other players leave the alliance and go to a new one with fewer or more trusted commanders.

The ability to remove commanders has been requested by players, but devs haven't made any promises.
  • Dayv
    The commander that started the alliance needs to contact CS and ask them to demote the other commanders and then they can be kicked by any remaining commanders.
    I know this worked in the past (my former alliance did it when we had 20 commanders), but I think they're stricter about checking for activity now.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I've PM'd ICE in the past about this issue when CS wouldn't do it and he was willing. So that may be an option.
  • Alliances don't cost hp anymore. Everyone decide on a new alliance name and then coordinate moving all active there within a reasonable time frame. It's inconvenient, but better than being saddled with the inactive commanders or being at the mercy of cs.
  • Dayv
    Alliances don't cost hp anymore. Everyone decide on a new alliance name and then coordinate moving all active there within a reasonable time frame. It's inconvenient, but better than being saddled with the inactive commanders or being at the mercy of cs.
    It still costs 2500 ISO, but you can probably make that up in a few events with a stronger set of players. Still, it's not something you want to have to do repeatedly.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Alliances don't cost hp anymore. Everyone decide on a new alliance name and then coordinate moving all active there within a reasonable time frame. It's inconvenient, but better than being saddled with the inactive commanders or being at the mercy of cs.
    It still costs 2500 ISO, but you can probably make that up in a few events with a stronger set of players. Still, it's not something you want to have to do repeatedly.

yes, you should learn lesson and have a limited number of commanders.

2500 iso can be recovered quickly with lr seed teams.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Silly question, but where can I contact CS (unable to find info anywhere)?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Marty17 wrote:
    Silly question, but where can I contact CS (unable to find info anywhere)?

If you open the setting menu in-game there's a "Help" button, or, there's a link in my sig. icon_e_biggrin.gif