Army of One Jan 15 - Jan 19 (Season X)

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png
2-5. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png
6-10. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png
11-25. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png
26-50. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png
51-100. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png
101-200. 500 iso8.png, icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png
201-300. 250 iso8.png, icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 iso8.png
401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 All Boosts redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
200. 250 iso8.png
300. Recruit Token - Army of One
400. 25 imcoin.png
500. icon_captainamerica.pngyellowflag.png
600. 25 imcoin.png
700. 1000 iso8.png
800. 50 imcoin.png
900. Recruit Token - Army of One
1000. 1000 iso8.png
1100. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png
1200. 1000 iso8.png
1300. :elektra: blackflag.png

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png
3-10. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png
11-25. 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png
25-50. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png
51-100. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Comments

• loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For mobile:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png invisiblewoman
    2-5. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png humantorch
    6-10. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png humantorch
    11-25. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png humantorch
    26-50. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png humantorch
    51-100. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png humantorch
    101-200. 500 iso8.png, icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png blackwidow
    201-300. 250 iso8.png, icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png blackwidow
    301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 iso8.png
    401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
    50. 100 iso8.png
    100. +3 All Boosts redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
    200. 250 iso8.png
    300. Recruit Token - Army of One
    400. 25 imcoin.png
    500. icon_captainamerica.pngyellowflag.png captainamerica
    600. 25 imcoin.png
    700. 1000 iso8.png
    800. 50 imcoin.png
    900. Recruit Token - Army of One
    1000. 1000 iso8.png
    1100. icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png punisher
    1200. 1000 iso8.png
    1300. :elektra: blackflag.png elektra

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png humantorch
    3-10. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png humantorch
    11-25. 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png humantorch
    25-50. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png humantorch
    51-100. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png humantorch
    101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
    251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
    501-1000. 500 iso8.png
    1001-10000. 250 iso8.png
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    About to have consecutive events where XForce gets muted by the AI's incompetence on defense. Strap in folks, it's gonna be a snipey ride.
  • As soon as Oscorp: Heroic started, I knew that Human Torch would be a PvP before it was over.
    The designers seem hell-bent on making sure that you REQUIRE the same character in both PvP and PvE.
  • About to have consecutive events where XForce gets muted by the AI's incompetence on defense. Strap in folks, it's gonna be a snipey ride.

What does the ai use to determine which black should fire? Is it strictly off highest tile damage? If so, if my pun isnt leveled up at all, and the boost doesnt make his black higher than xforce, xforces surg strike would fire?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    As soon as Oscorp: Heroic started, I knew that Human Torch would be a PvP before it was over.
    The designers seem hell-bent on making sure that you REQUIRE the same character in both PvP and PvE.

Isn't this a good thing? People who don't have Torch can get him in the PvP before he is featured for both PvP and PvE.
  • About to have consecutive events where XForce gets muted by the AI's incompetence on defense. Strap in folks, it's gonna be a snipey ride.

What does the ai use to determine which black should fire? Is it strictly off highest tile damage? If so, if my pun isnt leveled up at all, and the boost doesnt make his black higher than xforce, xforces surg strike would fire?

The commonly held belief on how skills fire is that if there are two characters with active skills of the same color, the AI will basically "roll" when it has enough AP to perform the lower cost skill. If the roll comes up, it fires that skill. If not, it hoards the AP until the next turn, when it will roll again. If the more expensive skill now has enough AP, it may roll for which one to use.

So this means you're more likely to have the AI fire Molotov Cocktail at 7 than you are Surgical Strike at 11 since most likely there will 7, 8, 9, or 10 AP before there is 11, and over the multiple turns it may take to reach 11, chances are good that one roll will come up in favor of Molotov. If the AI goes from 6 to 11 in one turn, it may be a 50/50 chance for each on the next turn.
  • j12601 wrote:
    About to have consecutive events where XForce gets muted by the AI's incompetence on defense. Strap in folks, it's gonna be a snipey ride.

The commonly held belief on how skills fire is that if there are two characters with active skills of the same color, the AI will basically "roll" when it has enough AP to perform the lower cost skill. If the roll comes up, it fires that skill. If not, it hoards the AP until the next turn, when it will roll again. If the more expensive skill now has enough AP, it may roll for which one to use.

So this means you're more likely to have the AI fire Molotov Cocktail at 7 than you are Surgical Strike at 11 since most likely there will 7, 8, 9, or 10 AP before there is 11, and over the multiple turns it may take to reach 11, chances are good that one roll will come up in favor of Molotov. If the AI goes from 6 to 11 in one turn, it may be a 50/50 chance for each on the next turn.
    Pretty sure it's a roll to decide whether to use the cheaper power right now or save the AP for a more expensive power. If the AI goes from 6 to 11 in one turn it will use Surgical over Molotov 100% of the time.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    As soon as Oscorp: Heroic started, I knew that Human Torch would be a PvP before it was over.

Isn't this a good thing? People who don't have Torch can get him in the PvP before he is featured for both PvP and PvE.

Not exactly...?
    Torch is featured and required in PvE right now. Torch is being awarded in Army of One, which is cool, because THAT lets people who don't have him get a chance to try for the guy. It's the next step after that which is the problem - while the PvE in which he is required is running, D3 is going to also run a PvE which needs him as well.

It's not breaking my enjoyment of the game TOO much, but it's still an issue.
  • j12601 wrote:

Thanks for that explanation...that sounds...awful.
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    Agreed. And my guess is that Rocket & Groot will be the next PvP event, from the same observation. icon_e_wink.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:

My sense is it is also dependent on the character currently out front, which is why so many report the AI 'picking on' OBW, Hood, or other low health characters. I think if it can killshot someone, it gives extra weight to firing the lower skill, but still no guarantee (I've been spared a killshot Surgical while it waits for Summon Demons in this PvP).

I'm going to pay close attention now that I'm thinking of it, but if it has multiple colors charged, my hunch says it doesn't skip any if it starts launching. Example, say Sunder and Rampage is charged, the AI also has Star-Spangled Available (but not launchable, so exactly 10 red). If it launches Sunder, it will always launch Rampage behind it, despite the higher priced skill. It will however skip Sunder (for Sentinel), and then flip a coin for rampage, since it processes in color order.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZommyGD wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    Agreed. And my guess is that Rocket & Groot will be the next PvP event, from the same observation. icon_e_wink.gif

I can live with more Rocket and Groot covers
  • thanos8587
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    ZommyGD wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

I can live with more Rocket and Groot covers

please be yellow, please be yellow, please be yellow. ( i really need a yellow icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    j12601 wrote:

My sense is it is also dependent on the character currently out front, which is why so many report the AI 'picking on' OBW, Hood, or other low health characters. I think if it can killshot someone, it gives extra weight to firing the lower skill, but still no guarantee (I've been spared a killshot Surgical while it waits for Summon Demons in this PvP).

I'm going to pay close attention now that I'm thinking of it, but if it has multiple colors charged, my hunch says it doesn't skip any if it starts launching. Example, say Sunder and Rampage is charged, the AI also has Star-Spangled Available (but not launchable, so exactly 10 red). If it launches Sunder, it will always launch Rampage behind it, despite the higher priced skill. It will however skip Sunder (for Sentinel), and then flip a coin for rampage, since it processes in color order.

I've also had the feeling that character out front may matter (but haven't rigorously tracked or tried to prove it). I've also noticed matching the color in question to remove it from the board seems to increase the likelihood that the cheaper power may fire. So perhaps the "roll" is influenced by whether the AI thinks it has a chance to reach the AP necessary for the higher cost power.
  • I'm finding retribution insanely satisfying against Lady Thor. I find having XF and Fury on deck with Punisher is amazing color synergy. All colors covered, nasty hits for all of them. I'm sure there will be alot of complaining about getting sniped this event. I mean it is the Punisher and all. He's the influence for Brian Mills (Taken franchise). Instead of throat chops its straight mayhem! I'm going to go ahead and apologize ahead of time to all the people who get sniped by me.

FR3L4NCER
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

Not exactly...?
    Torch is featured and required in PvE right now. Torch is being awarded in Army of One, which is cool, because THAT lets people who don't have him get a chance to try for the guy. It's the next step after that which is the problem - while the PvE in which he is required is running, D3 is going to also run a PvE which needs him as well.

It's not breaking my enjoyment of the game TOO much, but it's still an issue.
    But the people that will only now just win him should be using the loaner in PvP anyway, so being able to do essentials in pve should be a big win for them. The rest of us have to deal with balancing using our glass cannon in the PvP or pve (well, if we even bothered with the pve in the first place).
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm under the impression that the participation is very low in this PvP.
    Our (quite casual) alliance is around #130 with only a bit more than 7000 pts and many inactive players.
    I saw that the 10th alliance had around 13k which was the score i supposed to be required to be 100th.

I know that the tourney is far from finished but still...
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i experienced my first mistimed shield.. Going at a party, drinking and playing mpq is not compatible it seems.. lol.. From 1977 down to 1430 in 1h30.. Not that bad.. I wanna thank especially iron hulk who leeched off me for 200.. I hope it will help him to reach 1300 and strenghten his roster who really need some boost.. Thank y'all..
  • Not a shield issue so much as a "Oh no, I chose THAT slice!?" I set myself up around 500 so that I could play the last hour of my slice, get to 700 and (hopefully) make top 100 because my HT is currently 5/2/2. Well, didn't realize what time I chose as my ending, and with 30 minutes left I was around 175. Managed to get all the way to 108, but time ran out. So close!
  • No top 100 for me, guess it was nice while it lasted.

Hopefully I can at least get a CMarv cover...sigh