How do offensive abilities scale when leveling up?

Cousin Simpson
Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Consider the following real-life example: I have a 1/2/1 Modern Captain America, leveled up to 8 but with a cap of I think 24. How much more damage would his red ability (Star Spangled Avenger) do if I leveled up to 24? I hope more than the 50 damage listed on the wikia.

And from there, what's the general rule for gauging the amount of ability damage done based on character level?

Comments

• I think the wiki gives a pretty good overview of how much damage or strength a hero has at a particular level. Though most of the information will be based off of max level. Basic rule? Hm....the simplest answer might help most? The higher the level...the more damage it'll do unless specified via cover levels. Some powers gain strength in damage on having more levels.
  • Assuming red covers do not increase damage (it doesn't say it does, but that doesn't mean it won't) I can give you a direct answer, as my Captain America is 1/5/1 and level 24.

Mine does 179 damage. So expect the same or slightly less damage than this if he does indeed have behind the scenes scaling on red covers.

I'm far from an expert, but the general rule of thumb is that with levels, anything that's related to dealing/preventing/increasing Damage on a skill scales with levels.
    I believe that for the most part covers don't increase the damage of moves unless stated, but I know this is not always the case. Unfortunately I can't think of an example, hopefully someone will help me on that front.

If you haven't already be sure to check out the wonderful skill compendium that may contain information not on the wiki, and will help to give you a sense of damage at various levels, as it usually gives max level damage values.
    You can then go on to make some general assumptions with linear increases in level (again, not sure if entirely accurate but it's an estimate).

Link: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=781
  • Damage ability only goes up on certain levels.